enemy vehicle counter

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by OuNin, Jun 19, 2012.

1. OuNin

OuNin Member

somewhere near the friendly vehicle counter should be an enemy vehicle counter that displays the number of detected enemy vehicles by means of spotting, mini radars, and radars

like [number]? and such

this would simplify the sheer amount of data that is displayed on the minimap so that it can be parsed by the commanders and infantry

it allows more a more accurate size-up of enemy forces without revealing too much

it also assists players in finding places where they need to be. like if there's no enemy vehicles detected, that count should be zero. the second it changes to not zero, you know shit just got real.

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I don't know, I think this would actually put people into a false sense of security, and it's not easy to explain that this is ONLY the shit that is spotted. Doesn't really seem worth it. I'd also rather the top GUI bar didn't get any more cluttered than it already is. I just don't think it's worth it, for such little advantage.

3. OuNin

OuNin Member

the false sense of security adds value to destroying sensing equipment and using scout vehicle hide
    being wary and reading information is a key skill that's already emphasized in play
    and given resources it should be implemented. the benefits exist and add another layer of play

however being empires, it's fair enough that it can't feasibly be implemented

4. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

You can see tanks on the minimap.
    If you see an enemy tank, kill it!

5. OuNin

OuNin Member

of course you can see them on the minimap but that kind of requires an advanced parsing of the minimap (which seems natural after playing the game for like a year)

it's accessibility