End of the endless games!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by aaaaaa50, May 19, 2006.

1. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

Retreat

Many times one team gains the advantage at one point and the other half of the game is spent with the loosing team strugling to survive for over thirty minuets in the worst cases. This is the worst posibility, and the only way for the loosing team to win is to gun it in a jeep or apc to the enemy comm. Most times this is not posible, and so the loosing team's players fight a loosing battle. My sugjestion is that once a team is reduced to their base and the other has all but one or two, then a timer should be placed. Not a small timer, for it takes a long, long time to destroy a base with a dertermined team. If the timer runs out and the enemy team hasn't run out of tickets or lost all barracks, then a tie should result, in which one team won the battle while the other wasn't defeated. If at any time the loosing team turn the tide of battle (has this ever happened when the team is doing

didnt finis wrighting, will edit later by!

2. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I'd rather they take a less lazy way out and give the defenders a better chance to push back.

I do admit that I get tired of these "filler" battles where the game is practically decided and the rest of the game is pretty much a delay of the inevitable =/

3. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

sigh, im too lazy to edit main post... anyway, what is the not so lazy way out? could you explain in detail what you are thinking of?

4. Woody

Woody Member

sure somethink needs to be done to give the lossing team a chance to push back,

but i have seen teams fight back and actually win.

5. FalconX

FalconX Developer

There is a plan for a near end-game ability that will fix this problem.

6. palehorse864

palehorse864 Member

The main reason this happens is largely due to the costs involved in researching and building vehicles. The team who gets the jump on the other tends to lead the filler battle for the rest of the game. They can basically hold their initial gains and they just have to gradually push towards the enemy CV. The other team often doesn't have the tanks or research to push back so the only hope is a ninja attack.

I heard that there were some plans for a change in research times and cost, possibly also with vehicle armor prices among other things. It sure would make things more exciting. I'm getting tired of the somewhat stale light tank or weakly armed and armored heavy battles that seem to drag on for most of the game.

The infantry side of this game has gotten better and better but there are tons of infantry fun games, this one was very fun for its early combinations of vehicles on infantry and the interplay there of.

7. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

Maby make the vehicles dirt cheap, but the buildings and bigger tanks (med-up) extra-normal costs. Also, low end research cheaper than high end.

8. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Or just get all the members to be scouts on the mission maps to get hide and sneak into their base :D

9. Jn.

Jn. Member

I'm for a vote surrender. If a team knows they're gonna lose, the should be able to surrender and get on with the map change.

10. theBlind

theBlind Member

In my experience, the endgame lasts so long because hardly anybody attacks buildings or fights to kill. Eg it's a general problem that players attack turrets before refineries, barracks or VFs.

Frankly, with artillery I can raze an entire base in a matter of minutes alone, not to mention with a few dedicated artillerists by my side and a tankforce defending that artiller from counterattacks.
    If I can get a med tank into the enemy base area, I can level several buildings a minute, assuming a good tank (gas engine and composite armor).

Sure, engieers can repair, but that's one less soldier at the front defending the base, meaning one more attacker moving in. And you can never outrepair tanks and arty on a large scale.

11. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

maybe make the team with the least tickets have 25 % quiker respaun and "even teams" to (least tickets/losing) 55% (most tickets/winning) 45%

allso make vehicles cheaper, so a standoff is supported