Empires Pick-Up Game: Week 6

Discussion in 'General' started by knighttemplar, Apr 5, 2007.

1. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Can you believe it's been a month and a half since the first game?

Last week was weird because Eth0 decided to d/l a bunch of stuff which destroyed the connection to the R&D. Luckily everyone joined the unaffected BSID #2 and had a great time. I have to assume the NA game went well, but I didn't hear from anyone.

It's the same deal this week (without Eth0's download spree I hope.)

Friday at 19:00GMT on the BSID R&D Server |217.199.191.89:27016|
    Friday at 19:00EST on the CW Clan Server |Dynamic IP|

I hope to make both games, And I hope you all can make it to at least one. Don't forget to take screenshots.

If there is a password (server admins, you decide), the password will be forglory

2. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

I don't know if I can make this one, but the last one went pretty well. The password scared off most of the NA players, so we switched to the BSID server. In my opinion, passwords aren't really needed, as long as there is an active admin ready to boot non-teamplayers.

3. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

i've played in almost everyone.. to me everyweek they have been getting worse and less organized..

4. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Why would there be a password anyway? It's getting all too clanny these pugs. I thought they were just to get together and play =/

5. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

pugs are always passworded, and there is a very good reason why they should be, the only reason why they weren't passworded before is because there might not be enough people without pubbers.

Also, pugs are supposed to be clanny, thats the whole point, just like the whole point of them is to be passworded, or else it should just be called tea party, or community pub night.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  6. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Maybe this time they should do it on another server than R&D. And i don't think i can make it, i'm going to my dad for the weekend.

7. ^Dee^

That's stupid.

8. dizzyone

no, organizing a pug and having pubbers join the server, thats stupid.

9. ^Dee^

No it's not. This isn't even a pug. It's a bunch of people arranging to play empires together.

All this pug and pre game planning crap sucked the fun out of it =/

10. dizzyone

I wasn't talking about this, I was talking about pugs, if you want this to be a tea party, change the topic title :P

Also isnt the point of this to have a organized game?

11. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

i can agree with dee and dizzy on this.. the only problem is when people try to turn it into a clan match.. like ok CW vs the 2 bsiders and 3 jplers... it should be based on skill not clans

lets just have fun and not worry about anything else

12. dizzyone

well no offense, I don't see why a password would take away any fun, I don't necesarily need to have a full server to have fun, ending up in a team that does not know what teamwork is or how to play the game, that completely ruins the fun for me, which was the case in the last pug I played.

I have grown out of ninjaing every game, or either playing/pwning bymyself while the rest is trying to find ammo or drive a jeep around, just not much fun after 300+ hours.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  13. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I'll be gone to a lan party, so you'll have to ask RPG or something to go admin.

14. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

You can do both on CW if you want. There should be some european CW attending

15. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

well considering my keyboard and mouse situation, I won't be able to play today, though I might spectate if I get the chance. It should be a good time.

16. katana9000

katana9000 Member

I'll only be attending this one if its on the R&D. Since last week's match ended up on the standard server. And I just couldn't take all the scout whoring that went on. Both teams were doing 70-80% scout. And the R&D fixes scout whoring without making it completely useless either.