Empires on TV!

Discussion in 'General' started by [RTFM]Major_Tom_CosmicBlu, Dec 4, 2007.

1. [RTFM]Major_Tom_CosmicBlu

[RTFM]Major_Tom_CosmicBlu Member

Empires 2.0 is shown on german tv.
    GIGA Games Maxx will play it in their show.
    http://www.giga.de/show/gigagames/maxx/00142416_halflife_2_empires_shooter/
    The show runs today (4th of decembre, 2007) at 22 o'clock (that 10 pm in germany or 9 pm GMT (ie. London) or 4 pm for New York) and can be seen via stream, satelite-tv, digital cable tv or ip-tv (at least if your provider is t-online or Alice). All infos how to recieve the show can be found on http://www.giga.de/live/

Now, this is the best commercial a game can get in germany, except in pc gaming magazines. I hope the servers can stand the storm of emp_recruits in the coming days? :headshot:

/edit: I am working on a translation, but I'm not sure, if I can see the show tonight :(

2. Silk

Silk Mapper

That's awesome.
    I won't understand it though. Also how long does their show usually take?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  3. [RTFM]Major_Tom_CosmicBlu

So, here it comes, translation of http://www.giga.de/show/gigagames/maxx/00142416_halflife_2_empires_shooter/

If you haven't followed at the weekend the ESL Pro Series Finals XI at the weekend, you may have recognized the release of the latest version of "Half-Life 2: Empires'. It doesn't matter if even not that, because we broadcast today the exciting mix between Shooter-, strategy and role-playing.

Like in "Battlefield" the player first selects a group in "Empires". Chose between the Brenodian Empire and the Northern Faction. After that the player must choose one of the 4 classes. Scout, Rifleman, Grenadier or Engineer are selectable classes. Each of the classes holds advantages and disadvantages, and only a good mix of all leads in "Empires" to the ultimate success.

An important role of course, the Commander. If one of the players is in the Commander Vehicle, he slips into the role of the Commanders and can play from a bird's-eye view. Buildings must be built, technologies researched and instructions given. Thereby, the Commander can give strict instructions or give the other players a free hand in the game.

omg, somethings do even in my ears sound bad and wrong, so sorry for my english.

Who has "Half-Life: Natural Selection" has fallen, the modification should definitely download and try. Of course, there is also a server version for Windows and Linux to download.

4. [RTFM]Major_Tom_CosmicBlu

5. zergl

zergl Member

:o nice
    I'll record it on my receiver and maybe upload it somewhere, if there's need for it (insufficient bandwidth for watching the stream, being asleep when it airs, etc.).

And if somebody else would like to help me out with it, we might even sub it for all the non-german speaking community members?

6. [RTFM]Major_Tom_CosmicBlu

Okay, a little warning:
    the show runs 2 hours, showing console games, pc games and some other things. They might show Empires for 5 minutes, then show 20 minutes everything else, then Empires again for 5 minutes and so on.

7. Chahk

Chahk Member

Throw THAT into wikipedia "admins" faces!

8. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Haha, yeah :D

Going to watch this when I come home

9. Bademeister

Bademeister Member

First, being shown on GIGA is probably even better than being on some page in a gaming magazine, since they are even more people seeing it - mosr casual gamers don't buy a whole load of mags.

A typical GIGA GAMES show runs for two hours, constantly switching between the three parts, and even if we calculate commercials in and expect the games from big companies to be shown more, we can prepare for like half an hour of empires fun. But we should be aware that these guys played empires for just a few days, so expect a few mistakes.

If someone records it and we got someone who knows how to add subtitles to videos, I'll help to translate the show - having such a video on our homepage would be great advertising.

10. zergl

zergl Member

I'll record it (hopefully my sat receiver doesn't screw up) and cut all the irrelevant crap out.

I never subbed anything before, but I'll translate and if nobody else knows how to sub I'd be willing to learn it. It shouldn't be that hard, anyway, and I always wanted to learn that. ^^
    Encoding/remultiplexing shouldn't be much of a problem.

I'll be visisting my parents from Wed/Thu till Sat and then there's our billiards club's internal 9-Ball championship on Sun, though, so I won't be available much - if at all - those days, and if anybody else wants to do some of that stuff, feel free to go ahead and I'll set up an FTP server with the raw material on my spare linux box.

11. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

wow that is awesome. seriously awesome. so awesome that even THIS DUDE

[​IMG]

can't eclipse it by how cool he is (it's at the bottom of the page).

seriously though, this is gunna be great

12. Coffeeburrito

Coffeeburrito Coder

13. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

It looks like that's V1.0 they have up there, i hope they didn't prepare to show that... :(

14. Bademeister

Bademeister Member

Well, how would they show v1.0 without any online servers...? They play all the mods they show online.

Also, if you speak German, you can read that those pics were all taken from empiresmod.com - they prolly couldn't tell the old from the new versions on the screenies.

15. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

EMAIL THEM. NOW. SPAM MAIL THEM.

NOTHING must allow them to show 1.0

WHATS THEIR EMAIL?

edit: OMG WTF

16. Namron

Namron Member

First impression: They are not at all like the Germans I've seen on TV.

17. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

It seems they showed Empires yesterday, carnifex is looking into it.

18. [RTFM]Major_Tom_CosmicBlu

Yeah, i'm confused too.
    Either it comes after 11 pm because of blood, violence etc or their page is wrong :(

19. Carnifex

Carnifex Member

the show was yesterday, and they did show 2.0.

cant find any movie in their archives tho. too bad we missed it.

20. Grizzly

Grizzly BEAR SIZED DOORS

Do somone feel like emailing them? TV stations wery rarely throw videos away, i bet they could send somone the clip for further sharing