Empires maps made "GMod 10" compatible

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by eth0, May 24, 2007.

1. eth0

eth0 Member

This post originally featured here: http://forums.empiresmod.com/showthread.php?t=2699

This a small plea to Empires Mappers!

People may not be aware but since the inception of Garry's Mod 10, empires maps no longer load as they did for GMod 9 i.e. teh game crashes.

I'd many months ago asked Garry if it where possible to do a "manimod" style lookup-substitution that would allow custom mod (Empires) player start entities to be recognised by GMod, needless to say this fall on deaf ears... so fuck him.

Next tested a theory: I grabbed (the 1.07) emp_canyon, run it through that java BSP decompiler thing, threw in a "info_player_start", compiled and mortar! GMod 10 successfully loaded up the map (after i mounted all the materials and models too).

Sooooo..... my question is this: Would it be possible for all you lovely mappers to include a token info_player_start entity *officially* (while we're in the RC mood)?

In terms of "usefulness" those that like to make Empires art can again (and i like to do a few parody pieces), i can see potential for the empires maps for Role Playing but wut i'm itching to do is re-create empires tanks that are fully automated via wiremod+ResourceDistribution+GCombat.