Empires is offensive!

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by -UWE- Advisor, Dec 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -UWE- Advisor

-UWE- Advisor Member

I will explain title later.

I was born in germany, and when I was 1 and a half I moved to France for about half a year, then iv stayed in england ever since I was two.

I am sick and tired of people on the bus on the way home calling me Nazi, so, please, in the next Patch/Update could you switch the Brenodi Empire's logo to something else? I find it offensive, and I quote this from an idiot on the -UWE- Server :-

(All)[NOR]MrFurby: hey advisor u sed u was from germany didn u?
    (All)-UWE- Advisor: no i said i was born there you moron
    (All)[NOR]MrFurby: gues what then
    (All)-UWE- Advisor: what?
    (All)HungryFood!: hey what you talkin about guys =P
    (All)[NOR]MrFurby: advisor here is hitler rofl!
    (All)-UWE- Advisor: wtf!
    (All)HungryFood!: omg you ass hole mrfurby, you realise thats offensive even if he was born in germany
    (All)[NOR]MrFurby: hes hitler though :P
    [NOR]MrFurby has disconnected (Banned by console).

Please could you change the Brenodi Empire logo for me? :( :(

For those of you who don't know what -UWE- means, its: United Warriors of Europe

I play alot on the -UWE- server.
    Also my other name, as you know, is :p

[OMGteam]heaven cl
    -UWE- Advisor
    w00t-owler

:rolleyes: :eek: ;) :D :confused: :) ^^

2. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

Some people are still stuck in 1942. Just ban em and forget about it.

3. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

4. Lithium

Lithium Member

yeah but might as well change it to make it feel like the brenodi empire are their own political body and not the 4th reich. pretty much because they look so much like the nazis that they dont feel unique.

5. Silk

Silk Mapper

What jcw87 said. Some people are idiots, and there will always be idiots. You can't really go and try to change everything in the world that idiots could use to make offensive jokes, they will always find new ways to insult people. Best to do is have them banned, or ignore them.

I love Germany since the first time i ate my very first real German schnitzel when i was on vacation in Schwarzwald. Since that time i only buy expensive meat from a german brand.
    I hate the language though, don't ask me why.
    Actually i love France as well (vacation in the provence - gorges du verdon - was amazing).
    I've only been to England once, with school, years ago. We went to London, but unfortunately i'm not a fan of cities, so i can't say i love England yet.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2007
  6. Thyreus

Thyreus Member

"Don't mention the war!" :rolleyes:

I like BE just like they are, and it'd be a shame if they had to be altered just because they look wermacht-ish. I mean it's not like every other evil empire in the history of movies and games isn't modelled after the reich anyway...

7. duke

duke Former Developer (BE Creator)

The BE also wear stahlhelms, the logo i guess could look like the iron cross (how is that offensive, the swastika is often replaced with it to avoid censorship laws in Germany), and the AFV and APC are derived from the half-track. Like everything else in Empires, the designs are based on real-world examples to give it more of a feeling of believability and immersion (which is also why you don't see lasers and shiny neon suits). The aesthetic for the BE is one of violence, so the examples suit.

I don't see how Empires has much to do with people being idiots. Tell them to grow the fuck up.

8. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

In my opinion the logo should be changed.
    The first time I saw it, I really thought they are meant to be nazis and it is bad for empires to be associated with nazis. Maybe this isn't the same for people in America or other continents, but at least this was my first impression.

9. -UWE- Advisor

-UWE- Advisor Member

well couldnt Krenzo just change their BE Logo to some other logo? for example NFs logo is LAMBDA but taht aint a real flag, make 1 up, or take the Combines logo (i like the combine and their logo :))

10. Sayton

Sayton Member

The Brenodi logo isn't a cross pattée like the Iron Cross. Even if it was I'm not sure how it would be offensive.

11. Bademeister

Bademeister Member

I also fail to see how an Iron Cross should be offensive. It has been used in several slightly different shapes from 1190 up to now as an identification sign and shape for medals by German armys. It was called Black Cross before there were medals made out of iron. Yes, 1190, which means it has been in use for 817 years now. The nazis just kept it for the short time they were in power, so I really don't see why it so often becomes associated only with them.

12. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

The Iron cross is still used as the insignia of german armed forces as far as I know.

The nazis don't have dibs on the idea of crosses, almost every country in the world uses a cross of some sort as a military decoration.

13. -UWE- Advisor

-UWE- Advisor Member

omfg all im asking is could Krenzo just change the Brenodis Logo?
    oh yeah, for Krenzo:-

a few weeks ago someone asked me to ask you this

(Team)Yettie: hey can u ask kenco or w/e his name is forgot if he could add a zombie nation? its not rlly zombies its just a name they cum up with but they are half-organized like BE and half-disorganised like NF and he wanted a SKULL as their logo, and their colour to be a greenish-yellow

14. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

I seriously doubt that he will change the logo or add that zombie nation idea, which does not fit in the Empires universe at all.

15. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Anyone who associates the iron cross with nazis is a retard. It was started during the Napoleonic wars(I think, I know it predates Germany and world war 1 by a bit).

k thx bai

16. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

The iron cross is very unrelated to nazism, and even if it was, it's kinda because

BE are totalitarian nazis. they're not team america. Empires is kinda like what would happen if in 1942, germany and russia were the only two countrys that existed, then germany beats up and controls russia, so russia starts a rebellion.

The good guys are the NF.

17. Avair

Avair Member

sandbag failed history :p

18. Androc

Androc Member

Not to put too fine of a point on it, but your random insulter didn't seem to have even noticed anything about the BE logo. He was just calling you a nazi because you were German, correct? How will changing anything in the game solve that?

19. Silk

Silk Mapper

ALL you want is to have the developers change something that fits the faction perfectly, and is used on many textures, models and maps?
    You can't really order someone you don't know to do something. At best you can make suggestions, which are usually followed by discussions to see if they're worth it.

20. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Changing the logo isn't going to make you any less German and being offended by a military cross that vaguely resembles that of Germany's (NOTE: Not Nazi) is completely irrational.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.