Empires Crashes For Local Server

Discussion in 'Support' started by the-moon, Jun 26, 2010.

1. the-moon

the-moon Member

Heres the story, ive been hosting a Server for IO on a separate computer through my router.

It has been working and running fine for the most part.

However now, for no apparent reason. When ever i try to join the server, Empires Crashes as soon as the MOTD screen appears.

Everyone else can join the server just fine.

However earlier, i was able to join a different server first, such as vipers, then when i tried to join the IO server (which is on my router), it would let me loggin.

However now its just crashing me back to desktop again after i join.

Im really getting pissed at this.

Earlier i did a complete fresh reinstall of steam and empires and it still was not working after that.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this, or what the f*** is wrong?

As i said its only happening to me, and it was working fine before. I havent changed nothing... wtf.

2. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

patched correctly?

3. the-moon

the-moon Member

of course

Unless theres something other i should do then run the empires 255b patch ?

4. Theowningone

Theowningone Noone likes me :'(

Define local. Listen or Dedicated?

5. the-moon

the-moon Member

Its a dedicated server. Orangebox srcds.

I have my main game system, connected to a linksys router, then my basic server running Empires connected to the router, Uses win 2k of course. Then my moms computer in the other room also hooked up to the router.

I was having no trouble before connecting to the server, for a good 2 weeks i had no problems at all, up until last night. I tried connecting and my client crashes every time the server loads up, shows the map, the MOTD screen, then the client crashes to desktop.

The only thing i can think which i did differently, or changed anything, was that i accidentally ran Source SDK Base 2007. I closed it down and after that empires would not let me connect to the server.

That was the only thing that changed, i connected to the server just fine earlier that day, later on i accidentally clicked run Source SDK base, and after that every time i connect to the local server on my router. It crashes.

Every other server in Empires Runs and Loads up fine and i can play on them, accept for my server.

I dont know how running Source SDK Base could even come to effect it tho....

I really would like to get this working again, i am so close to adding in a AK, from using the SMG3 scripts and such, i got it working almost, just not displaying the model correctly for the client, but i did manage to add in the AK by using the SMG3.

I really want to get this working for our server.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  6. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Is the client or the server crashing? Are you running chnaged scripts? If yes can you please at least give me a diff so I can reproduce the crash. Was a crashdump created? Upload it somewhere.

7. the-moon

the-moon Member

The client is crashing, the server is running just fine.

No its crashing without any custom scripts. If it was just custom scripts, i wouldn't be hear wasting peoples time :)

Does the client make a crash dump? If so where is it located?

8. recon

recon SM Support Dev

No. We just all talk about them to confuse people.

They're in: C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\<account name>\source sdk base 2007

9. the-moon

the-moon Member

Okay well apparently its working now.

I haven't done nothing or changed anything on my computer, it all the sudden decided to start letting me connect again...

wtf?

I still want help with this in case it happens again, or happens to someone else.

Also heres my crash Dumps

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8301479/Crash_Dumps.rar

I haven't had any other crashes since the reinstall, so all of those have to be from this problem.