Empires Counter

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by LordDz, Apr 26, 2008.

1. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

2. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

what engine/game is it for?

3. LordDz

In swedish PCGamer, it stated Half-Life 2.

4. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

It's built on the old Westwood 3D engine which powered Command & Conquer: Renegade (Fun game btw) . If it's anything like Renegade you basically have to destroy the opposing base. Every building you destroy cripples your enemy (Blow up the War factory: they can't build vehicles, blow up the barracks: can't buy special units, Power plant: Prices double, Refinery: cash flow becomes almost non-existent). Also if it's anything like Renegade everyone has their own pool of money (kinda like CS) & to win you either have blow up the opposing base, plant a beacon on a pad inside their barracks (I've only seen this once as it is really hard to pull off), or be on the team with the most points when time runs out. Oh and there is no commander.

5. LordDz

Hmm.. You sure it's for Renegade? As It says in the magasine that it CHANGED from Renegade to Half-Life 2. But I haven't been able to find out anything about it on Moddb..

6. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

Judging from the screenshots; it's running on the Renegade engine.

7. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Yes it is. I downloaded it but never played because it was so hard to even connect on a server not to meantion get a real game interface up and actually change some options.

So I deleted it even I wanted to test it out and play with the stealth tanks which turn into trees or other things.

8. arklansman

arklansman Member

:rolleyes:

9. Mr. Weedy

Actually... I think I'll try to download it again when the Red Alert 2: Apocalypse Rising gets released. It looks much better and everything. I'm interested again. =)

10. petemyster

petemyster Member

you've merged 2 seperate tanks together. The stealth tank (Tiberium Dawn) goes invisible (duh :/ ) and the one that turns into tree's is the Mirage tank from Red Alert 2

11. Mr. Weedy

The stealth tank was the name for that tank which turns into trees. I couldn't remember the correct name for it so I named it as stealth tank. ;P Because it is pretty stealthy, isn't it?