Empires Commentary: BSID vs. JPL clan scrim match by ScardyBob

Discussion in 'Dev Blogs' started by Empires Dev Blog, May 6, 2010.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

We didn't tie, even the "high" up BSID discounted both rounds. The round we won was discounted because Commie accidently turned sv_cheats 1 on for about 10 seconds, and the round you won was discounted because falldamage was turned on without anyone knowing, so we lost 2 key areas (out of 3) because of the change which wasn't present during the first round. All of which was visible in the demo Communism made. So it's 4-0, and you guys blow. But by all means, name a date and time and prove me wrong.

2. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Kreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenzoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! :|ove:

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  3. communism

communism poof

Seeing as jpl is best clan why are bsid and epic fighting

also - I don't remember if I was sober when I turned on cheats so fuuuu

4. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Letting commy have Rcon during a match while drunk and spectating...

EPIC fail....

5. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Fall damage was on both rounds? You know, like stock empires settings are everywhere else except G4TC that likes to enable broken game mechanics?

6. Zeke

Zeke Banned

viper got parachutes and napalms got fall dmg set to 10... and those are the 2 servers the public mainly play on, +nachos which i dunno the settings on.

So basicly cpatton, the public is is not USED to dying from jumping off high altitude.

and when its specificly stated in the rules prehand, you get quite annoyed when ur whole squad suddently die thanks to fall dmg.

anyway this is offtopic and we have gone over this crap before, go necro the other thread if u wanna discuss further.

Last edited: May 9, 2010
  7. Trickster

Actually it was off the first round Cpatton. Demo shows that. Also, not a single server that's even semi-populated uses falldamage 1 without parachutes. It's simply not fun. It widens the gap between infantry and tanks by reducing infantry mobility. We stated before the scrim that it should be on. It wasn't. We based our strategy around it being on. As a result from it being on, we were stuck with a roof rax in city (Something we would not have built if falldamage was on) which we couldn't leave except via the ladder, which one HMGer could easily camp. And the north, well, Commies demo shows an entire squad jumping down and dying. Technically, the sv_cheats 1 didn't even affect the first round, so we could claim 5-0, but I'm not that desperate to add another win so I let you guys discount that one like the 2nd round is discounted. Even though the first round was unaffected, but the 2nd round was.

Last edited: May 9, 2010
  8. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

I don't much care for what happened however ago, but parachutes are still stupid. Max fall damage being 10 is even more stupid.

9. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Hang Gliders...the way of the future! :p

10. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

you aren't very bright are you? Demo showed fall damage was on both times, we confirmed that after you whined horribly the first time.

OH SNAP
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

On topic: Next Scrim date is set for this Saturday the 15th at 1PM PST, JPL vs BSID.

Commentators: Fricken Hamster and Pickled Heretic.

11. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Will SourceTV be setup for the scrim?

12. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Lol so a squad of epics jumped of simultaneously to their death?
    pfh hahahahaha.
    Mass suicid

13. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

quite the epic fail because they assumed that a map made with certain heights much higher than infantry can jump should be played as if people can hop off skyscrapers.

14. Zeke

Zeke Banned

since we agreed on settings which stated so, it wasnt fail from our side, but from the admin for not applying the right settings.

15. Omneh

Omneh Member

Not to mention those ladders are fucking awful, I fall off them all the time ):

16. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Also one time on canyon JPL was about to crush epic and suddenly our server crashed.. hmmmmmmm.. Bad server?(no) some epic loser with no life using server crashing commands before they lose(yeeeaa....maybe?)

17. Zeke

Zeke Banned

hmmm i remember crushing JPLs to dust.... and i was hyper emo when it crashed...

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  18. Trickster

Considering we had just taken north, and from Zeke's screenshot, you can see we had F4 and our main, I hardly think we were about to lose. We had a higher res flow than you and more territory. If anything, that game was ours. Zeke ran north and wiped out the entire JPL team in about 10 seconds flat.

19. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I'm talking about a match on canyon and look at our team.. None of our actives or best(Me and the hon players) were there..

Plus look at your team, sonecha and skies are JPL members. So don't get too excited about crushing 7 inactive members.

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  20. Zeke

Zeke Banned

I got no memory of a canyon game vs jpl where it crashed. (i dont think i played that match)

and the screenshoot is not from a recent game... -.-'
    (its from the only game against jpl where i remember a server crash)