emp_turretdefence

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by blizzerd, Jan 10, 2010.

1. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1415325/emp_turretdefence.rar

version 03

in short;

BE have a commander, a steady but slow 2 refinery income and a substantial starting funds and some barracks in the maze for infantry support
    NF have 2 barracks in 3 "BE PROOF" hangars where vehicles spawn

wave makeup
    a wave lasts 3 minutes, first the NF vehicles are spawned, then BE gets 100 seconds to rebuild or build more defences and buildings, after this, the gates open and nf vehicles can storm out, after a certain time (i forgot how long, its displayed in the map trough text messages) the gates close and a killbrush will wipe the map clean of anything but buildings, then the moment 3 minutes have passed since the spawn of vehicles a new batch of vehicles spawn

/repeat, with a stronger vehicle mix

How BE wins
    there are 8 levels (some levels contain multiple waves), if BE still has not lost by the end of level 8 they are declared the winner, but for gameplay sakes the BE commander is ejected from his "safe spot" into the maze

special treat for the BE on the last level! ^^

How NF wins
    there is a goal at the end of the maze

NF get a point for each vehicle that ends up in the goal

on 20 points, NF wins

How NF can select which hanger spawns vehicles
    since there are 3 hangars, and only 2 of them can spawn vehicles at one level (to add in some team tactics, and to prevent BE from winning by just blocking off the hangars that players make a habit from to spawn each level)

the NF players can pick which hangars spawn by pressing the buttons that are inside each hangar, only the last 2 of 3 pressed buttons will light up green, and thus spawn next level, a hangar that will not spawn will have its button turn red

there are engineer build-ables in the maze to help infantry find cover and what not, and there are certain paths in the maze that can not be built over by anything (to prevent walling up all the entrances)

Build able spaces
    in short, brownish tiles are both 100% commander build able and 100% engineer build able, clean white tiles are engineer build able, mossy white tiles are reserved for "minimum vehicular movement" and only turrets can be built on them (because turret corpses fade really fast and being able to block just 1 of these passages with 1 line of turrets would require a good amount of teamwork so i allowed it)

minimap, for some reason the middle spawn hangar has no "green dot" for the spawn button, but it DOES have a button, just not on the minimap, il fix asap

[​IMG]

pix for the clix

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  2. --{[TheÁstroÁr¢hítect]}--

--{[TheÁstroÁr¢hítect]}-- Banned

Nice, maybe the server admins can put this map into the map rotation.

3. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Looks very interesting. I'll play it for sure when I have time. :) Hopefully it plays as it should.

4. daruck

daruck Member

and what is this

5. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

are you 12 in any chance?

^^

6. Empty

Empty Member

Looks good.

7. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

I can prove he is not :D

8. Lewie2

Lewie2 Member

wow, i actually made a suggestion that got carried through and might be a big thing now.
    :)

9. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

You made a game where one side is supposed to do nothing but turtle and the other side is supposed to do nothing but throw themselves madly at turrets?

Tower defence works because it's one player vs the AI, it does not work when players have to do the job of the towers and the AI goons.

10. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

in respect, no that is not what i did

since now all the remains of your post become obsolete, i will not reply to them

11. Cloud

Cloud Member

A duck.

12. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Map is on VIPER server

13. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

cool, thanks vicky!

14. John Shandy`

John Shandy` Member

Blizzerd, even though you have a few spots where walls cannot be placed, I don't see how you can curtail the problem of walls. If everyone on the team is an Engineer (which will be the case more often than not), then that's a lot of walls they can place - I think they'll still be able to wall off larger sections that you didn't place no-build zones at.

I guess we'll see how it plays, it looks pretty interesting. What are the darkest areas on the map?

Until he doesn't act 12, I'm certain that most of us will continue to perceive him as 12.

15. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

for every road, this is how it on average works;
    Code:
    a road on this map
    |--------------------------|

[COLOR="Sienna"]\\\\commander build zone\\\\ the tiles are brownish[/COLOR]
    ----------------------------
    ///engineer free build zone/// the tiles are clean
    ///engineer free build zone///
    [COLOR="SeaGreen"]**minimal manoeuvre zone** the tiles are mossy green[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Sienna"]\\\\commander build zone\\\\[/COLOR]

commanders can build anything they want in the commander build zones
    engineers can build anything they want too ofc

only engineers can build in the engineer free build zones, they can build anything they want though!

the minimal manoeuvre zone can only be built on with turrets by engineers, but you would need to build more then 2 turrets to block the smallest passage here (i allowed turrets because they are easy to destroy and there remains remove near instantly)

the black spots on the minimap are places filled with pillars, they serve to devide up the area in areaportals, and to make turrets have optimal and less optimal placing positions

16. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

this looks so fun :D

awesome!

17. Guns and Wham-O

Guns and Wham-O Banned

Map crashed the Viper server today when I was in the middle NF spawn area standing. Apparently a script will slay any left over infantry, the screen froze during the period where another script reloads the weapon upon respawn. Screen froze when the weapon was at 45° angle in the reload animation sequence.

18. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

well, there is no script that slay's, its just a killbrush... the same thing as in emp_money you get hurt if you fall in the water

i will test it out though, it should not crash normally but i will check out any problems and fix then at the next version

19. Guns and Wham-O

Guns and Wham-O Banned

Most of the time I was standing still with no hands on keyboard waiting for other players and I would just die. Or another instance I jumped in to a tank and it exploded. But the real problem is when I respawned, it crashed the server.

20. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

nerf Guns and Wham-O !!!!111one :p