emp_resource_point_prop

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by TheDistur, Feb 10, 2008.

1. TheDistur

TheDistur Member

Okay, got a question about these. Even when I start the emp_resource_point and emp_resource_point_prop as disabled, the prop shows up. When I disable it via entity I/O or ent_fire in the console I can still walk/drive into the physics portion of the model. Can anyone else confirm/deny this? :confused:

2. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Is the model a physics prop, or a static/dynamic model? I don't think physics props work with it.

3. TheDistur

TheDistur Member

It's that big rock that other maps use. The model viewer says that it is a static/dynamic. :P

4. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Does the emp_resource_point control the prop by I/O? It doesn't works on its own. Try deleting the entities and replacing them.

5. TheDistur

TheDistur Member

It certainly does. The visual portion of this process goes off without a hitch. The physics portion seems to stick around for some reason. I have say 4 refs and one of them is randomly activated at the start of the round. Even though the other three are deactivated and aren't visible (which is correct behavior) I can still drive/walk into them. The active one, with a refinery on it has the resource_point_prop no longer visible but you can still collide with it also, which isn't a big deal when there's a ref on the space since the ref physics model covers most of the same spot. Oh well.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  6. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

I don't think Krenzo ever coded it to lose physics, since it was assumed that there was a refinery on it if it disappeared.

7. TheDistur

TheDistur Member

That's kind of disappointing for people who want to randomize res points. :|

8. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

You can always try using a prop_dynamic instead, it might have some collision-related settings.