Emp_rats

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by MrBojangl3s, Jun 11, 2006.

1. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Ok, a lot of people kept talking about rats in my other thread, emp_installation, so I thought it would be a good idea to make a new thread and bring this to the attention of everyone. Do you think it could work in empires? The only problem I see is diffrent height levels and trying to build as comm...

2. Sheepe

Sheepe Member

yeah, different height levels is really the only issue... and few houses are single levels... if a way around could be found I'd love it...

This may also explain why there is no NS rats map (is there?)

-Sheepe

3. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

This could be solved that the battlefield is limited to this:

two night stands on either side of a bed would act like the starting points for each, and the bed would naturaly be the battlefield

4. halbalbador

halbalbador Member

I see no reason why an Empires Rats map wouldn't work. I just think that it would be kind of a waste of time being that it probably wouldn't become official...

5. OutlawFurey

OutlawFurey Member

As fun as it sounds, we should really concentrate more on maps that would give more of what the game is all about instead of random little fun maps like that.

6. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Rats maps can be made by using the skybox for higher areas the player can't get to, saving alot of CPU usage for the rest of the map.

7. Sheepe

Sheepe Member

Rats maps are usually about the vertical, as they are often many many levels...

-Sheepe

8. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Vertical Would be hard here, since commander cant build on all 3 levels... or can he? Does Empires have an entity thats see through only for the commander?

9. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

I say no rats leave that to CS:S

10. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

The Commander can build on any flat surface, even if it is above or below another. Navigation would be difficult, but completely possible.

There is not, however, a see-through commander entity yet. This would certainly be handy in a level like this.

11. Qwerty

Qwerty Member

It would work...but you might have to disclude the ability to construct vehicle factories due to some/most parts being short on space.

What could happen is that you take a rats map and scale it up even more. Turn the map into a battle on the ground sort of thing, and the rest into a 3D skybox. I'm thinking of cs_mice_final. :P