Emp_Maze

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz), Sep 17, 2006.

1. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz) Member

I have created my first map for Empires. I hope you like it and I know how it looks. I needed to test myself to get a map I can realse. Here it is!
    Version 1
    http://rapidshare.de/files/33494946/Emp_Maze.zip
    Version 1-1
    http://rapidshare.de/files/33969646/Emp_MazeV1-1.zip
    Yes it is rapidshare. I am sorry rapidshare haters but thats it!
    It is alright for my first map and tanks will be fun there.

Any other way to get a sever for this than using the Free Map Hosting since I have no clue about FTP.
    Cool someone is hosting my map! Yey!
    http://empires.m00.de/files.php?cat=5
    My map can also be found there you rapidshare haters.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2006
  2. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

I tried it out, and you need SOME sort of 3d Skybox, and maybe something besides fog to reduce the vis distance?

Also, I definitly think you should make it smaller, or maybe more mazelike, because you can basically go straight through the middle with a few curves and get through the maze.

Here's a screenie of something that needs fixing:
    [​IMG]

3. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

Allright I was primarly needed idears to make it better. I will try to fix some of the issues soon, as yes I will need to change a few walls. I will get one out by next week since I rarely have the abilty to use the computer for the weekdays. I will try to get a 3d skybox, fix the ref and change a few walls as needed. I will try to get rid of long strait aways.
    Also I tested this with a friend and playing jeep tag is fun and funny in this map.
    What else can I use besides fog to decrease distance? More turns?
    Can you say what you like about this map also?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2006
  4. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

I think this map will spice the strategy game up, seeing as how it will/should be hard to navigate.

Thus, lots of more turns (Try going to a maze creator and copying that) will help reduce distance and make it more challenging.

5. katana9000

katana9000 Member

If you want I can host the map (And any future ones) for you. I offer a direct download with virtually no speed limit on downloads. Its always great to have another mapper join the community. (God knows some of the current maps have gotten a bit... old.) Just send it via an E-mail to fileuploads@empirecommand.com and I'll post a link to it for you to distribute.

6. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

on the minimap, please mark the rez nodes (the customary method is a yellow dot) and change the color scheme a tad so that walls show up better on the map.

i havnt downloaded it, and dont plan too sence your updating it soon, but i do love the concept.

7. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

Although I am a new mapper the good thing is I'm a mapper even if new. What I will do for 1.1 is
    incress the NF base and decrease the BE base by a bit.
    I am adding more walls in better places. (No more random walls in middle of long road that only makes you forget the road it long. Like the C3 wall)
    Incress the map brightness-It realy needs it. Try the map without fog, it's dark.
    Add my first 3D skybox. (AHHH This is going to be hard at first but I'll get it out.)
    Fix the BE ref and decrease the ref points per second.
    Add ref points on map.
    Well I realy didn't need to say all of that but I will get it out by this Sunday. I also loved this map since being a ninja is fun. Jeeps and infantry can go trough the holes in the walls and no one else. Lolz

Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
  8. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

Yes I have Emp_MazeV1-1 out now! I have fixed everything I said in the last post! Yea. 3D skybox kind of sucks though but it makes comm view look a lot better.'
    Host this map anywhere you want as long as you tell me you map hosters!

http://rapidshare.de/files/33969646/Emp_MazeV1-1.zip
    (Sorry Rapidshare haters)