emp_eng_map_brush suggestion

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Grantrithor, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

In the emp_eng_map_brush there is a field for setting it to if only grenadier can harm it. Can you instead change it to "Grenadier can harm" and put into the entity flags area. and then add in things like "seismics can harm" "cannons can harm" etc... Since it would be pretty cool to have more options as to what can damage and what can't.

If you do this add in a flag "All can damage" that would be on default.

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

As much as I love giving mappers control, wouldn't this complicate the game a lot more for little reason. Maybe being able to set resistance to each of those weapons, rather than "it does no damage or full damage".

3. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

You'd need to have a floating icon (Red - Rifle, Blue - Engineer, Green - Gren, Brown - Scout) above this piece to signify which class it needs to kill it.

4. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

We could do that too, I just hate how it's either engineer or gren, and nothing else.

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Floating icons are bad.

Anyway, that "Deathkiller 1337" guy who made the trialmap managed to make it so only rifleman stickies were any use. Consider PMing him.

6. John Shandy`

John Shandy` Member

It's pretty much: anything that damages a structure, damages an engineer map brush, except that you can place mines on structures without a workaround. Vehicle weaponry (the correct types) damages them too. What more do you wish for, and why?

Eww, no thanks. Not for one piece, and certainly not for an entire contraption made of many pieces.

7. Empty

Empty Member

I'd just like an option to make only decon work.

8. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Just the description claims that for engineer mode, engineers are able to do their max damage, and everything else is reduced. and then for grenadier, it reads that rpg does normal dmg etc...

So I obviously don't know which one is related to vehicles destroying it easier.