emp_dota map now complete (100+ hours)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sitka, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Sitka

Sitka Member

[​IMG]

No.

This was going to be a thread about all the stuff i took pictures of in the land of burgers, but since none of you requested shit (and because i haven't gotten around to looking through the pictures to find the interesting stuff) i'll just explain part of it to give you an idea.
    Also, i played a bunch of other games and completely neglected empires for a couple of weeks like a complete faggot. Feel free to hate on me for bitching about dota while not actually playing the damned game myself like a complete hypocrite.
    seriously though dota is shit

So, just as the plane starts taxiing after landing, all the americans returning home from vacation starts clapping intensely. This goes on for quite a while and even continues a bit as everyone exits the plane's quadruple-x sized door frame.
    Next up is security, and everyone sits down on the wide chairs bolted onto the moving walkway that is the line. On every vertical surface there are screens with videos about freedom and how picking up children with a creepy advertisement smile on your face makes america the best. The ride takes a good while, and the walkway even breaks down a few times. The moving walkway maintenance employees insist that everyone remains seated, though, as someone might get injured by walking on the walkway. Every time it starts moving again, a message saying "the walkway is moving, please hold on to the handrail and remain seated" can be heard.
    After a long while, I step off the walkway and onto the about two millimeter raised floor and over the big line with "WATCH YOUR STEP" written all over it. Designated employees are there to help people out of the chairs. I put my small piece of baggage onto the conveyor for the scanner and proceed to sit in one of the chairs that make the line up to the freedom scanner. I watch as an american enters the big room in the machine. It immediately starts beeping loudly and red flashing lights go off. He is held at gunpoint by all of the 8 guards as he is pat-searched on every inch of his body by a guy with gloves on, this takes about 10 minutes. He ends up having to give up his metal card with the 2nd amendment on it, and is watched closely as he enters again after the metal detector sets off every time it comes near what turned out to be a collection of lead-filled tattoos of american flags and eagles on his back.
    The man goes back into the machine and is scanned for freedoms. Two men in suits wait on the other side and look intensely at him as he comes out.
    "You sum gind of fuggen derrorist?" one says, leaned towards him with a suspecting look on his face.
    "No sur, i lobe my liberdi and freedoms."
    They both start clapping.
    Luckily i had my curly banged wig, hat and dark contact lenses on so i scored 100 freedom points and was let straight through and received a complimentary burger as well as a gods chosen award.

So how has the presumably UGL filled shitstorm party been while i was away? Also, what is up with all the churches you have in americaland? Seriously, every corner there is a protestant/catholic/scientologist/mormon/jehovas/first/second/etc church.

2. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

best map

3. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I'm not reading that horribly formatted paragraph.

I was wondering where empires (funniest?) shitposter went sitka.

4. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Hej då pojkar.

5. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

<bloody hotlinking wouldn't work>

6. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Moved thread because what the fuck mang

7. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I always felt that the shape of the Dota map could make a good Empires map (better than emp_arid). You got my hopes up you asshole.

8. Freaknovich

Freaknovich Member

Dat troll. Pls, try harder.

9. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Bruv I fucking love loda, he ma best friend fooshi, dont be dissing with that amazing picture.

edit: sitka u fucking fag.

10. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Är du bög?

11. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Hey, offtopic isn't the place to move shitthreads to, some people actually care about the threads in here. Better move it to suggestions.

12. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Forest is pretty much built like dota except the lanes aren't connected. I get the feeling Simon based it off of HoN.

13. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Doto map, best map! Scout, mid or feed! Engy gogo support dem rifleman, gren stays on offlane and places some fortunecookies at the runes, also wth commander can go f*** himself in the woods, can't even give ALL THE targets this cyka.

No.

Where's the blackhole when you need it ...

14. Paradox

I love u

15. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Paradox please, our love needs to stay secret until society is ready.

16. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

[​IMG]

17. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

emp_mesa is more or less the dota layout in empires, emp_forest is a toned down version. It already exists.

18. Empty

Empty Member

I was about to mention emp_simon but yeah.

Those maps suck balls anyway.

19. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I know Forest is, but I don't really think Mesa plays out like that.

But I feel like the most accurate is actually Arid, it just plays terribly.

Either way, I'm sure we could get a closer representation of the map within Empires. I'd love to see if we could get away with steep height changes to add some sort of "vision" aspect into play.

20. Paradox

add bots that just shoot infront of them in lanes.
    for every kill u make they give u X personal res. those res u need to donate to captain to research or use yourself to buy tnak/