Emp_district402_alt4

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Metal Smith, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  2. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Sounds nice, can't wait to see it.

:/ wish I had access to the Empires official VMFs, i'm jealous of you.

3. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Does that mean we can drop amo crates now?

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I hope not. That turns the entire map into nadespam. If it's like alt3, then hopefully there's no turret/ammobox faggotry.

5. Omneh

Omneh Member

Why can't you just let district die?

6. Omneh

Omneh Member

From what I've seen, that would be in nobody's best interests.

Oh, the irony...

7. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Hopefully cameras are also restricted.

What about the ticket bleed?
    I would dramatically increase the number of tickets (10000+) and also increase the bleed for each flag. Flags more near to the enemy base have a higher ticket bleed.
    Result should be that it doesn't matter if your team is wasting tickets as long you can hold more flags then the enemy. Also the maximum round time should not be longer then 30 minutes.

Btw. what are the current values?

And please explain the bleeds and restrictions on the faction selection screen. One or two short sentences are enough.

8. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

The irony? Being jealous of somebody's power to see the official maps is ironic? I don't even want to work on them i'd just like to see them.

9. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

There is nothing in official versions of district to prevent the dropping of ammo boxes.

10. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

so you want to cry?

*EDIT*

I've only readded the new section of sewer I had placed in with alt3, as well as readded the NF vandalay building. No other edits besides those 2. Back alley is as keef made it. This also means that you can no longer jump through the flag to surprise people, as much fun as it was. I gathered a couple of opinions and it was pretty much thought that such an area made the NF 3rd flag too accessable.

As far as the engineer:

Turrets have been restricted. Ammo and cameras have NOT been restricted. I also added in 2 more barricades near the middle to make it much more covered once you get down into the middle 'pit' area. This should give infantry more cover to hide behind, instead of everyone either at the center ref ammo crates or behind one of the tanks.

Lastly, I did change the dead tank model from the medium to the heavy, to get rid of that damned turret collision issue we've had in the past.

The new NF sewer section is NOT the same as it was before. i could not (and mostly did not) want to copy and paste it in. I personally think it sorta sucked the last time I made it, so I made an effort to make that section exactly the same as other sections of the sewers. Meaning, I made the hallways the same width, ceiling the same height, and made it much more clean cut than the last time I made them. Overall, it should be a decent visual improvement. Screen shots in a sec, gotta recompile. fucked up a ladder :P

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  11. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

we need a low population replacement for it :/

12. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  13. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

I wanted to upload it to VIPER but in the maps folder is the bsp and a txt file, the txt file is blank, is this correct?

14. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

fixed.....

15. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

No informations about the ticket bleed?

16. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

There is no ticket bleed?

Sry, there is 1 ticket bleed per second at 2nd to last flag, and 5 tickets a second on the last flag. if you get pushed back, it's over. if the battle is still raging, you have a chance.

17. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

It's uploaded to VIPER now

18. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Member

I don't really like the desk in the two story building but I like the new staircase a lot!

19. mees

mees Member

There is a slight bug with a barricade in the middle if you ask me. It's the new one on the nf side. You can't walk between it and the crate next to it. on the be side you can pass it on both sides. I think lots of people are going to walk against it and find out they can't get past it.

20. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

The new stair case as a very decent bit of detail. It wouldn't be bad as a model.

As for the desks, I just put something up there. I wanted file cabinets and chairs as well, but they are prop dynamic, not static, and thus didn't appear when I compiled.

As far as the crates not being able to pass through, you can always jump the barricades without issue. The idea is that for someone attacking the middle, it's a difficult spot to put a grenade, but when defending against someone attacking from the middle, it's an easier place to hit with a grenade by bouncing it off that middle thingy.

if I recompile it, the desks will probably be gone altogether.