emp_canyon_232_b3

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Silk, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Silk

Silk Mapper

Sorry empty, i just finished the map

Also i'm not the one who removed the rain

I could add puddles in the southeast craters (the northwest has become a dry area), but then don't complain that there are some grass sprites underwater then :)

IF Trickster has a bit more bad luck today and tomorrow, i might actually get it done in time. I started again this noon, and have worked on it for 9 hours straight. Unfortunately some problems and tweaks like shadows and visibility require full compiles after each and every change, so these last steps will take some time.

Since my critics tell me it has to be sunny, it has to be green, it musn't be just a combination of grass and dirt, and it should be rocky, and had only one option to go for really. To the people who where happy with my previous attempts ... you might not like the current version i fear :p

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

I think the craters could go for a nice explosion overlay if your feeling ambitious :)

Looks good though. I have to wonder what your homeland looks like where your at, your maps tend to have a rather, dry dead kind of look(look at that poor grass!). Think we might have to invite you to the greener parts of the world ;)

3. Silk

Silk Mapper

It's actually just my interest in scenery.

I like going to dry places like spain, and the south of france in the summer
    Here we only have dark green for ALL vegetation and dark brown for trunks (and grey for concrete). It's just hugely depressing... and wet ... and cold ... and dark ... and miserable

The last thing i want to do is run around in a game in the same dark and ugly environment

4. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

haha, aight touche. I've lived in one wasteland or another all my life so maybe that's why I like the vibrant green feel.

I get to stare at this wasteland all the time.

[​IMG]

5. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

You'd love the southwest United States. It's ranges from light desert to full desert.

6. Silk

Silk Mapper

Could be

There's tons of places i like though.
    Also i have nothing against green, it used to be my favorite color, but here each and every tree and every type of grass has exactly the same very dark unsaturated, near colorless green. During just 1 month near the end of spring there are ferns that are light green and stand out IF the sun shines, the rest of the year it's all so incredibly monotone.

On holidays in the south of france i see colors ranging from light to dark green vegetation, yellow to red rock formations, green to yellow dry grass, huge purple fields of lavender and clearblue skies. When i'm back all that's left is white, dark green and dark brown.

In places like this though i'd very much like to live:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/234836/Empires/nature-wallpaper-1920x1080-014.jpg

7. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

UK:
    [​IMG]

UAE:
    [​IMG]

Green is happiest.

8. Empty

Empty Member

It's funny because I live in australia where it's permasunny and there's nothin but dirt and dead grass inland, and beaches with light scrub everywhere else.

I've only been in an actual forest once, it was a rainforest in tasmania and it's incredible.

I also fucking love rain, that's why I made the canyon rain.

It's also why I'm pissed that every single map is dry and sunny, it's why I fought so hard for canyon to keep rain.

But ykno I guess I can't ever get what I want :<

9. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Australia is just fucked up. It rains every fucking day in the UK, and it's never sunny. Sun makes me happier when I'm playing that map, unless the setting is right, like Insurrection.

10. Silk

Silk Mapper

11. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

posting to test what the time is

Also, I live in place where its forests plains and lakes. Its green and blue as fuck, and I love it.Sea-Temperate climate ftw.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  12. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

Germany looks like Chernogorsk.