emp_badlands

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by zachtos, May 15, 2006.

1. zachtos

zachtos Member

this map is too tiny. The major problem I have with it, is starting resources are way to small and the res flow is slow which makes it very BORING.

2. Aurora

Aurora Radiating love, empathy and maternal instincts

And it doesn't last long enough. Almost every it's the tickets that bring the enemy to your gates...

3. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

i sorta thought it was linear being so simplistlic a big circle with res in the center, i member a warcraft2 map like this , a lot of players loved it . but there are no tanks in wc2.. isle is like the same circle but theres a lot more to it then just that... infact its a pritty sparse map very open. lots of differnt ways to go... badlands is just ring around the res.. but there are good things about the map too... it doesnt last long if you really want to get a quick game on... or over...

4. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

The only problem i have with the map is whoever hold the center first will probably win the map.

My assumption is this: whoever holds the center wins the map.
    Furthermore, I also assume that the center is often too well defended to be lost.
    Therefore, whoever sets up base in the center first wins the map.

The conclusion, by this logic, is to either take away one of the nodes in the center or make the center less easily defendable.

Some of this argument may be flawed, I haven't played TOO MANY games of badlands, but the majority of them follow this logic.

5. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

yea the whole map is shaped like one big ,,, ozzy ?

6. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I dont like this map :(

its too open to walk, its a pain to drive, the sound is annoying, i cant see very far, its turret farm and arty map if you ask me

Altho gobanzo mon did a nice job at making a map and im very happy for him that it got accepted as official map, but id rather see it removed as official map and stay as a custom so there will be atleast 2 servers that dont have it in their maplist.

Last edited: May 22, 2006
  7. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

i think it was suposed to be spars and gritty and low on all rescources (including tickets); and im glad someone made a map like that and the mighty devs thought it worthy of officialness. unfortunatly, that style of map seems to be unpopular (i like it, but most ppl moan when it loads up on the rotation) and therefore may not be sutible(sp?) for the official server.

8. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Is Gobanzo Mon still around? Is he going to make changes or just leave it as is?

9. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

i seen him sign up at the forums yesterday or the day before, i think it would do better with at least more tickets but as said above does tend to get rather bothersome