emp_atol

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by knighttemplar, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Rothgar

Rothgar Member

Did you update emp_atol and keep the mapname the same? What about all the people that already have the map, there will now be conflicts, it should have been named as a beta if it wasn't complete or if it was but you are re-releasing maybe emp_atol_v2 or something.

2. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Releasing with the same name may be a bit painful but it's fine if you know that the version on the server IS newer.

3. Rothgar

Rothgar Member

You're relying on the fact that most users will know to delete the old version and maybe materials etc change?

If the server version is newer or older it still does not get overwritten...

4. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

yes, thats a fair point. I didn't really expect many people to ever download it :0)

5. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Bugreport:

There are some holes between the hills and the houses in the town. You can
    fall in there without any chance to get out without suicide. Sorry for no screen
    shoots but next time i find one i post it here.

If you stand on some of the infantry only ways near the centre of the map, you
    can look at the bridge (the one which is in the sea) and people pop up and
    disapear because you can see farther than the viewing distance in empires is.
    I guess fog could fix that.

6. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

Thanks Mayama - the screenie would be very useful for the house problem as I thought I'd gotten all of them with noclip boxes.

Does anyone know what the empires draw distance is? I was fairly sure that on the fog settings everything should be fully fogged on the map before it vanished, but that doesnt take into account any mod settings.

7. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

i am uploading your new .zip file to files.empiresleague.com