El Alamein

Discussion in 'Worldbuilding' started by J_4mes., Apr 11, 2008.

1. J_4mes.

J_4mes. Member

Many years have passed on by since the end of world war two and the various landscapes which have seen the horror of hitlers reign.

News has recently reached the Northern Faction that the BE faction have recently made a land grab assault on the area known as 'El Alamein' for reasons unknown. The Northern Faction have claimed the oil reserves deep within the sandy surface, The NF General had this to say "FAhalA ZanmaH ZihKSKI". 'BE' Denied this claim and replied saying "The oil reserve left over is nowhere near as vast as to make a land grab assault which would reap profit"

Certain pieces of information has breached the surface, which of some of its meanings are unknown:

"The Battle of El Alamein, fought in the deserts of North Africa, is seen as one of the decisive victories of World War Two....."

"El Alamein is 150 miles west of Cairo. By the summer of 1942, the Allies were in trouble throughout Europe...."

"The attack on Russia...had pushed..."

"Hence the war in the desert..."

"oil in the south east..."

More updates Soon as the story unfolds!

2. J_4mes.

J_4mes. Member

---News coming soon---

3. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

I'm curious to find out what this will become:eek: .

4. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Uh, what the hell is Hitler doing in Empires? And the NF do speak English...

Hell, I just reread it, you must think Empires is on Earth. Nope. Not even close. Its on its own planet in a different universe and reality.

Also, BE are not a faction. BE stands for Brenodi Empire. You also need to consider when this is based. If it takes place in current Empires (as in, when the game is set) then your right, its NF. If its before or after, irsa more likely to be the Jekotian Empire, as they will not have been destroyed yet/they will have reformed.

5. LordDz

I like this part:
    Now it's not about NF any more.. Russia comes into Empires! Cheers! :D

6. J_4mes.

J_4mes. Member

i thought it was better than saying 'HEY IM MAKING A MAP' but ok here it is

HEY IM MAKING A MAP!

7. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

No!!!!
    Don't do it James. You still need more time playing. I know you hate me and all but trust me When I say you need more play time.

8. J_4mes.

J_4mes. Member

i dont hate you? lol

more play time for what

9. KILLX

KILLX Banned

This belongs in mapping then.

10. LordDz

Kinda thinks he means that you REALLY need to know the atmosphere before trying to do something with it. (And never do a german/Russia compare with BE/NF they aint no space nazis!)

11. KILLX

KILLX Banned

And know the storyline before trying to write a mini fiction :p

12. Angry

Angry Junior Member

Empires is a alternate planet, however since it's not really cannon anyway do what you want. Only stuff Me and Don Megel post are actually cannon unless don says otherwise. But we love Fan Fictions here at empires so write stories to your hearts content James!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  13. KILLX

KILLX Banned

As long as he doesn't try to screw up the storyline. I'm making a novel based on the events before the game. Thats how dedicated I am :D

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  14. Angry

Angry Junior Member

He can do whatever he wants, story cannon means story truth, you can write whatever you want, but it isn't gonna be story "Truth" anyway and neither is yours Killx so it doesn't matter what you nor he writes.

15. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Not story truth, yet I have permission from Krenzo to go to publishing with it once finished? The impression I got from that, combined with DonMegel's support (the main writer on Empires backstory if I recall correctly), and the fact that i am doing my fucking best to make it all fit together, was that this was fitting into the story nicely.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2008
  16. Angry

Angry Junior Member

You can publish whatever you want we don't have any interest in making money of your work, like all those 40 billion Star Wars books out there (thus the "Based on" on said books), only a select few are truth. Don writes the story and says what's true and what's not. Nobody is going to stop you from writing a novel in fact we encourage it, you wanna be a writer go for it I'm happy that you wanna do something worthwhile in your life. But I just asked Don and Endwar isn't cannon.

17. KILLX

KILLX Banned

Oh, then my mis-understanding. Anyway, its not just my money in the end. I deeply feel the dev team deserves a cut if I make money off of this because of all their hard work in creating this game and universe.