Effects Suggestion

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Megor, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Megor

Megor Member

Hello Everyone! Thought a more directed topic might be nice for this since it has been mentioned throughout many threads.

What type of effects would people like to see in the future for both weapons and behaviors?

What I have read so far:

1. Edit on the spark effect for engineers so it does not blind, perhaps add a blast shield that rotates down whenever the engineer tool is selected. Can be just a small eye-glass piece that folds out from the helmet for NF, and a retractable eye shield that comes from the side for BE. The shields would tint slightly and reduce the spark lighting by 75%. So it would impair slightly when trying to look over far distances but you can see much more effectivley at close range compared to other classes.

2. Artillery blast should send a small blast/shock wave from its base sending up dust. The shell should also kick up smoke when it hits.

I would really like to see.
    1. When a Nuke goes off there should be a bright blast from its core blinding all players within a proximity to the blast respectfully, but would quickly fade. The blast should then send out a shockwave, this does not have to do anything but just be eye candy. This could be like the light bend effect from Striders in HL but much larger, would look very cool. Or could be a colored ring span out from point of blast. It just needs something more than a slow burning smoke cloud, its a nuke for all's sake!

2. All weapons should send out small traces of gunsmoke. Reference DOD: Source machine pistol. This would greatly add effect to gameplay adding realism.

3. Now BE are supposed to be technically superior so keep this in mind. Have NF cannons, arty too, send a smoke trail after each shot, demonstrate inferior combustions. The BE would have a smaller or thinner smoke trail that might dissipate more rapidly.

4. For MG turrets and HMG for infantry have the barrel slowly turn red in color demonstrating it heating up, would be neat and show how long a turret has been firing for. For snipers would be easier to spot HMG that had been pinning down your comrades!

Just some things I thought that would add realism and could be client side to help with lag.

2. Androc

Androc Member

One effects that that sort of bothers me: The scout's crosshair sort of gets lost when hiding. Black on black and all that.

3. Ghost Sonic Safais

Ghost Sonic Safais Member

Good suggestions,I agree with most of them!

4. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I've been thinking that the spark goggles, as an option that you can turn on when building (you right click while building to put them on) would be a nice option for people that feel like they're being blinded.

a lot of people have complained about it, so it's probably a good idea to do something about it instead of keep dismissing them. Just because it doesn't effect me doesn't mean that it should be allowed to ruin other peoples experience.

I really dont want it made less bright though.