Easy fix for Scout weapons.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by aaaaaa50, Dec 6, 2010.

1. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

Give scouts selection of pistol 1/2 and smg2/that longish range rifle rifleman have. Instead of waiting for a shotgun that will never come or trying to balance the freaky scout rifle, this would fix everything easy. "Lack of weapons in Empires is bad!" I say we already know this and stuff yeah whatever.

Criticise me go go go.

2. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

that 50cal pistol that BE has?? is that what your talking about? i dont think we need upgrades for scout. a scout is not suppose to be a killer anyways.

lack of weapons is because of the lack of manpower to create such weaponry and the problem of balancing all. this isnt some crappy game like CoD or something lol. it would be nice to have a myriad of weapon options and modifications/attachments to weapons, but i guess we have to make due with what we have =P.

3. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

so what is he supposed to do - invisibily prone them to death? ;)

but idk either, if youd give the NF scout the HR, what will you give the BE scout, the AR1? that together with hide, sabotage and stunstickies ... idk, i think hed outperform the rifleman (by far) and make it quite useless. that might already happen if youd give only a differnt textured HR to each scout actually ...

i think the limitation to SMGs is ok. only that scoped rifle ... that scoped rifle ... well im gonna stop with that ;)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  4. Krazer

Krazer Member

The scout doesn't need a buff.

The scoped rifle is fine, good people do work with it, and lots of others just waste their time. But thats how it should be.

Smgs for scout are fine.

5. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

if u want to kill people, be rifleman >.> scout's primary job is just to.. well do scout things like sabbing stuff and sticky stun the com. not every class should be killers lol.

6. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

My suggestion was to merge scout and rifleman, but none else likes that.

7. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Are you sure? You won't see any good player with the scoped rifle.
    The typical player with this weapon is a very new player proning on top on his own barracks. :rolleyes:
    I always ask myself how new players find this weapons. We have 4 classes with 7 useful weapons. Only one class with one weapon is useless. The chance to choose this weapon randomly is very small.

I tried this weapon several times but camping and not getting many kills is much too boring and pointless for me. After some minutes I always switch my class.

8. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

I like being scout when the game is stale on money. Headshooting people who pop up behind walls is fun.

"I wan' be sniperz0r and pwz0r dem all!! OH FFS NO SNIPZ0R CLASS!! Oh weit, der's scout. Haz SNIPZ0r raifel 4 sua! YAAAYYY ITZ DER!!"

9. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

thats a very accurate representation of my perception too ^^

10. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

That'd be my old class's average reaction.

Also, snipers are like predators, waiting for their prey and attacking when they are almost sure to score. While currently a few scouts camping around are considered useless, imagine such an amount on 128 vs 128 and their value for the team (scunt is credit to team!)

11. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I do, although I would suggest you make the scout a mobility oriented rifleman, you can keep the two classes but moving towards the rifleman is probably the best solution.

12. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

No, you won't see any bad player with the scoped rifle, because they use hide 24/7.

13. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

The only reason I would keep 4 classes is because 4 sounds better then 3.

I would change the rifleman so he can either equip body armor or a stealth set. Make the sniper rifle really useful, because rifleman are supposed to be killing things, but nerf stealth a bit. Also I'm not sure if I'd would separate stealth and sabotage. That would allow me to make both strong. But the player would have to choose.

Doing this would also allow to make really different play styles for the subclasses. For example, the body armor, could be changed to a exosceleton, which would make the rifleman, stronger, faster and make more melee damage, but would nearly immobilize him while he takes damage.

Just some random ideas, but Mootant will probably rape me if I'd suggest this for real ^^.

14. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

sooo why dont we have an innate increase walk speed for scouts? i just dont see a problem with this. scouts are supposed to be the ahead of the main attack force ;S. this might encourage people to run to desolate regions of the map and snipe off engineers who try to build starting game RT.

15. Demented

Demented Member

Hide and rifles are just too good together.
    That's the only reason you couldn't mix riflemen and scouts.

You will suggest this, and you will be soundly berated for it, and then will we hear no more of this "exosceleton" nonsense.

16. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

3 classes is fine plus the 4th class could be considered the commander.. Anti inf/anti tank/anti death?(lol pro builder something lik that).. It's like the pyramid of empires, the fourth class should be added with aircraft. It's just the odd man out class, a 5th wheel kinda situation.

If you add snipers like you are saying brutos, the bullet should have a tracer like in halo, so the sniper can always be spotted. Hide doesn't matter when the maps are so huge and wide open. Games with snipers usually have more cover and a couple choke points. Like in CSS you know where you will get sniped if you pass a certain spot cause snipers are limited to areas.

17. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

so basically make sniper rifle into AWPs, but make a very obvious tracer so the sniper can only stay in one spot per shot.

18. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Well I would rather it removed like the HMG because empires range is tricky for balance(I think every other weapon is perfectly balanced but those two will either be OP or too weak). But if you must have a sniper rifle and don't want him to be able to use the HIDE skill you mine as well add that halo like tracer. Because the hide skill isn't what makes him hard to counter, its what makes him camp and be useless. It's just the fact that hes so far away and prone that makes it hard to counter. You have no idea where hes even shooting from unless you alter the tracers like some people have done.

19. OuNin

OuNin Member

merge engineer and grenadier.

create trifecta with commander, rifleman, combat engineer.

each player would become a beefy walking tank which brings them in line with vehicle combat into the late game.

or give BE scout BE pistol 2 because that is like the coolest weapon in the game.