Easily Exploitable Vehicle Weapon Scripts

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by AURIFICATIONALIST, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AURIFICATIONALIST

AURIFICATIONALIST Member

I'm sure that everyone has heard about the weapons that you can exploit, and I'm sure that most of it has been fixed. However, it is still possible to put multiple nukes and other large weapons on heavy tanks by simply modifying the size of the icon in Vehicle_Weapons.txt in the scripts folder. There are some things that you can't do because I believe that they are controlled by the server (Such as changing the ammunition amount and damage) but the icon size not being controlled by the server can lead to people getting easily more poweful tanks than anyone else on the servers (Which I have demonstrated for everyone) so please, see if you can do something about it.

2. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

The server checks the size of the slot with the size of the weapon.

3. AURIFICATIONALIST

AURIFICATIONALIST Member

It didn't for me, you can ask several people. You may wanna check it out again. I had 3 nukes on one heavy and two plasma mgs on one apc. I don't mean to hack and exploit, I just wanted to get some witnesses to this, because it can still happen; easily. I think I know what you're talking about tho. I cannot put a nuke on a LT or anything, but as I have figured out, if you can fit one of the weapon on the tank regularly then you can get multiple ones of them with the exploit. Since the Heavy can hold one nuke regularly, it can successfully hold 3 if you edit the scripts. I demonstrated for Letuc3 how I did it on RC16

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  4. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

I just joined the server and Aurifactionalist showed the exploit to me. There were indeed some oddities to be seen and should have some further investigation in private.

If a mod would be so kind to close this thread while we work on this, that would be great.

5. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Locked for the moment.
    In what version did all this happen?

6. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Okay, I found out what was happening. The code skipped over the other blocks without even checking them because it saw those slots were full from the first nuke and let the other two nukes pass right on by.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.