Earth 2150 Empires mod?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sheepe, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Sheepe

Sheepe Member

Its an interesting idea I came up with a while ago, and I've been thinking on it... Since Earth 2150 has customizable vehical setup, it might work... to an extent... However, I'm too lazy to do it... so debate!

-Sheepe

2. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

I "aquired" Earth 2160 or whatever year is the latest game out. (The same one that's on STEAM). It's ok. but how would you get people into first person controls? And as for the vehicle construction, it makes it sound cool. but
    1. You hardly see the diffrence on vehicles, or maybe I just couldn't get it to work.
    2. In the actual game, the damn tech tree is so big you'd have to play for like 6 hours in a Skirmish just to get some really powerful stuff. Plus, I used all the resources in the map researching (and building a few base defenses) and all I ever upgraded to was a light tank!? Wtf! I ended up using the most basic units for my army.

I think LOTR: BFME2 was a funner RTS...

3. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Could probably turn the empires we have just now into a full blown 1 on 1 rts.

4. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

except driving a tank is more fun then commanding one :<

5. Jkun

Jkun Ban Hammer Manor Ruler

The only Earth game I've ever played was (probably) the very first one so many years ago. I was impressed by the music, but the bulk of the game just felt like an average clone. After a little Google'ing, it doesn't look as if the rest of the titles are very innovative, either.

Tell me, why would you make an Earth 2150 mod specifically?

6. Sheepe

Sheepe Member

Earth 2150 was pure awesome, it has some very minor balance issues but is otherwise golden...

And sides, it was just a random thought

-Sheepe