E3 Thread 2015

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Trickster, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I'm sure we usually have one of these, surprised no-one did it this year. So I guess I'll start it.

So far, the following things have caught my eye personally. Keep in mind there's actually loads of other interesting stuff so feel free to post it here. thegamerspost.com seems to be a really good way of just finding everything out as it gets announced.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT THEY'RE ACTUALLY REMAKING FINAL FANTASY VII
    Also potentially coming to PC because they only say "Playstation 4 first", which is Square-Enix speak for a timed exclusive.

As for other games:
    Star Wars Battlefront III gameplay. Comes out November 17th this year.
    Mirror's Edge Catalyst Announcement Trailer. Comes out 2016
    Need for Speed Trailer. Actually looks like Underground III which I'm hyped about. Comes out November 3rd this year.
    Need for Speed Gameplay. The shitty camera angle is confirmed as optional and it is actually showing a drift event. If you take that out it looks super promising, like what I actually want from GTA V racing.
    Dean Hall's (Creator of DayZ) new game "Ion"
    Starbreeze (Creator of Payday 1/2) getting into the VR Goggle market. Actually looks really interesting because on the surface, the specs blow all the other headsets out of the water with that 210 degree field of view and much higher resolution.
    Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands. When you watch the announcement trailer it actually looks really interesting. It reminds me of the first half of Crysis 1 in gameplay, which is something I thoroughly enjoyed. I seriously hope it lives up to that.

2. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Meh JRPGs.

I watched the ubisoft Conference. Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon are on my radar.

Also I recommend the E3 virtual ticket on www.humblebundle.com, there is a large amount of goodies in it including PAYDAY 2 masks and a Warframe booster.

3. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

No Mass Effect love?
    I really enjoyed the Trilogy - Saving the universe whilst swanning around drinking, banging space chicks and accidentally wiping out whole alien races due to my incompetence / laziness.

4. Trickster

5. Redskull

Redskull Member

Fallout 4 is the only thing I'm really excited about, I watched that part of the conferance like 4 times.

6. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

I'm with you on that one. I'm almost tempted to get the Pip-Boy edition. >.<

7. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

EA is embarassing:
    May I just say that I was actually embarrassed for EA watching EA's show, even when they came on and talked for a brief moment during the Microsoft show.

During the Microsoft show they came on stage and said that they were excited to show off the new Madden game, and I swear to god you could hear somebody in the audience cough on the stream - that's how indifferent the crowd was. Nobody at E3 is there to see Madden.

Then, during their own show, they lead with Forza (to a few people going whoo), followed by an indie game - look out guys it's so unique it's got yarn (nobody reacts), and then a big thing that they're all excited about!!!! - Plants vs. Zombies, Garden Warfare 2. Maybe 10 people clapped. I dunno why you would make a sequel to a relatively unpopular game. Only time people got excited was for Star Wars near the end, Mirror's Edge, and Mass Effect. Compare that to other shows filled with oohs, aahs, clapping, and cheering - even during the indie section of Microsoft's show, which for the most part was really quite good.

Dean Hall and indie bullshit

Also, Dean Hall said all the words required to classify a game in my "indie bullshit" category, and the trailer certainly matched those requirements too. To top it off, I believe that they announced some "Early Access" type program for Xbox/PS? I didn't catch that part personally. edit: looks like it was for Xbox, Xbox Game Preview.

Microsoft
    As always, I'm more excited for hardware and console things rather than the games most of the time. That was a nice Hololens demo, they're historically really good at showing that thing off - though supposedly it will cost quote: "significantly more than the xbox one". The new controller is slightly interesting, think they're trying to compete a bit in the market of controllers you would use with your PC especially since that used to be exclusively them. Was excited when they talked about backwards compatibility on Xbox one, but it looks like that might not be interesting until a long time from now.

List of backwards compatible games they currently support:

A Kingdom for Keflings
    A World of Keflings
    Alien Hominid HD
    Banjo-Kazooie
    Banjo-Tooie
    BattleBlock Theater
    Defense Grid
    Geometry Wars Evolved
    Hexic HD
    Jetpac Refuelled
    Kameo
    Mass Effect
    N+
    Perfect Dark
    Perfect Dark Zero
    Super Meat Boy
    Toy Soldiers
    Toy Soldiers: Cold War
    Viva Piñata
    Viva Piñata: TIP
    Zuma

Go ahead. It's fine. You can take a few minutes to raise your arms over your head, run around the room and shout "Hooray!". I'll wait.

extra edit: I suppose I should mention the game my avatar is from was remade and is coming to xbox one (made in Unity this time, not Flash. Seriously. They released a game on steam, written in flash. So wrong.)
    Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAEnLhMTXa8

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  8. D.D.D. Destroyer

Oh wait, Nintendo has its thing today.

Legend of Zelda plssss

9. Trickster

10. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Well, that is a game changer...

They haven't even made a nice looking VR room - at least let me believe I live in a beachfront penthouse rather than a small box room in a small terrace house on the outskirts of Hull.

Literally looks like they knocked this together the night before the presentation.

11. D.D.D. Destroyer

Nobody said a word? That must have been the most awkward thing ever.

Also I expected something more impressive from that video.

12. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Four player coop on ghost recon sounds really fun.

13. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

14. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

Year after year EA spunk over their whole catalogue of sports games. I bet NHL still has the same clunks, animations and abusable game mechanics that it had back in '11. The only thing I was thinking during the FIFA segment was: poor Pelé.

Unravel looks like a quirky new platformer that I think will probably be good for one playthrough.

But Battlefront 3 was the only thing I really cared about. Mirror's Edge 2? Fair enough.

The biggest thing I took away was the SOUND DESIGN seems AMAZING. Impacts and explosions really add something to the combat to make it more immersive (orbital strike and the following defensive shield protecting you from it was nice). Overall, the game will always be subpar to Battlefront II, they've essentially created a HD remake of Battlefront I (fly your TIE Fighter to high? Woops, we'll turn you around) with what looks like to be bigger maps to allow for some form of dogfights (the canyon chase bit) and different game modes. I'll still buy it though, probably gonna need some upgrades on the hardware for it. There's no way it will be optimized as much as GTA 5 is for older hardware, this is DICE after all.

Siege looks worse and worse they more they show IMO, doesn't seem like a Rainbow Six game to me any more, they've just slapped the branding on. I played so many hours of RSV2. New Ghost Recon looked cool though. The Division is still a game with potential but I don't think it will live to expectations. Especially after the PC Gamer hands on article.

15. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Watching FF7 remake trailer, I knew what it was and it was making me nervous. I thought it was a film too of FF7 which would still be boss, let alone an entire remake of the game.

@Senor
    EA is always disappointing every year, that's why you watch them, so you can get uncomfortable.

16. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Made me rewatch the FF7:Advent Children movie. I really hope the game will have some (english)voice acting.

Steven Blum did the voice acting for Vincent so well. Really fit the character.

17. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Looking forward to this.

[YOUTUBE]ojFasaygBH4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]sp3NKQlJPuo[/YOUTUBE]

18. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

[YOUTUBE]AaieVt3M72c[/YOUTUBE]
    MOTHER FUCKING BLAST CORPS
    and Perfect Dark & Conker's Bad Fur Day those are pretty good too.
    I just wish there was PC port but I know Microsoft is pushing that whole stream your Xbox games to your Windows 10 machine as a "Yes this how we'll support the PC gaming market".

As for Battlefront; At least they got the third person camera & I noticed the radar during the dog-fighting sequence is similar to Shadows of the Empire or Rogue Squadron.

19. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Square Enix just presented a new "Nier" game, literally panty shot few seconds into the teaser. Thanks Japan.

20. D.D.D. Destroyer