Drones and other Stuff

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Klau3, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Klau3

Klau3 Member

This is my idea:
    Engineers should be able to start Drones, Armed with a MG or RPG. When using Drones the Engineer can't move and has the view of the Drone. Is the Drone to far from your position the image in your screen starts to be worst and finally it will crash. Maybe replace the bad Engineer rifle for drone. The drone should be easy to kill and have not to much hp, but a good MG or 4 rockets. When the drone is out of ammunition you fly back to your position and the drone get rearmed.

Good is: It will add some new possibility's and help that the battlefield moves more

Bad is: It will be harder to hide or rush.

What do you think about my idea?

2. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I think it makes the other classes redundant, why bother with infantry when you can all go engineer and drone rush at no cost?

3. Klau3

Klau3 Member

The cost is that ur not moving and all time on one place. When the range is not to high it think it will be useful.

4. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

this would seriosly unbalance the game. though u could make it work eventuly it would be too much hassle than it worth. also drones dosnt suite empires its too advanced.

5. Moose

Moose Member

If these did appear at all, it wouldn't make sense if NF had them. If only BE had them then you'd have to develop a counter balance. Models would have to be made for the drones which would put more on the dev's plate. I'm not sure if this is even possible within the Orange Box engine. I'm not for or against this idea, just laying out factors to consider.

I am, however, always for something new

6. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

From the "Suggestion thread guidelines - Read this first!" Sticky

I recommend going back in time and reading that first

7. Moose

Moose Member

bots generally refer to AI. the drone as he suggests it would be more of a 3rd person proxy, which would essentially be the player incarnate rather than a seperate entity. which, putting ti that why, i don't see a point in an engineer having an "out of body experience"