Dragon Ball Online (MMO)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Cyber-Kun, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun Member

from animenewsnetwork.com:

“Today, Bandai Visual announced that Akira Toriyama's popular manga and anime series "Dragon Ball" will become an online game called "Dragon Ball Online". Toriyama will oversee the project, while the Tokyo/Seoul-based company "NTL" will develop it. The game is scheduled for a release in 2008 in Japan, but a beta test in Korea will start this summer. Fees and payment schedules are undecided at this time.

The game itself is based in a world several hundred years after the events of Dragon Ball. This allows for both well-known characters and all-new characters to be introduced to gamers. Players can freely customize their hair, clothing and other facets of their character, group with other players and defeat powerful enemies and quests. Players can also challenge one another in combat.”

The website

http://www.4gamer.net/news.php?url=/news/history/2007.03/20070320162228detail.html

*I copied this post from an other forum I view that is based on anything Japan and this is some random news I found looking trough the forums.*

2. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

I dunno, might be kinda hard. After you finish a raid, and you kill the final boss, after everyone's celebrating and going over their loot, he'll come back to life, 10 times more powerful. He'll then proceed to kill the highest/strongest character, leaving it up to the rest of the weak characters to band together to kill the boss, while the dead character cheers them on from a spectator view.

Laowl.

3. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

I wonder how tall you can make your hair, I want to knock down satallites with it. =P

4. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

After a point it starts curling down... So you will look like a hedgehog on steroids...

Also you will require half an hour long charge periods, whre you cannot do anything but scream to use any special ability...

Followed by 3 days of constipation...

5. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

I must stop this abomination before it reaches fruition.

6. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Seriously. Wtf happened...one day all the kids cartoons were road runner somehow foiling wily coyote's every plan and batman going around in his bat mobile fighting the same villains every week....then the next it was "OMFG I HAVE BIG EYES AND TRIANGULAR MOUTH AND I ENSLAVE ANIMALS AND MAKE THEM FIGHT OTHER CAPTURED ANIMALS FOR MY PLEASURE! HOW THE FUCK DO I GET MONEY TO EAT?" and it just went downhill from there. I remember my next door neihbor's kids screaming something about yugio (or whatever the hell its called) about how they would kill eachother.

I also remember a kid in high school, what, 16 years old, who was nuts about dragon ball Z. I think he truly did believe that he lived in the world of dragon ball z....

7. arklansman

arklansman Member

You didn't go to my school, did you?

There was a hardcore DBZ fanboy who would run around leaned over with his arms straight backwards, making the chchchch sound of footsteps. :eek:

8. Jn.

Jn. Member

LOL nothing like self made sound effects eh?

I bet the boss battles in this game will take the equivilant time of 35 episodes, considering how long it took those cartoon bastards to kill one person. Then, just as bojangles said, he will reincarnate 10 times.

9. arklansman

arklansman Member

How many Super Saiyans does it take to change a light bulb?

Just one, but it takes him 21 episodes to do it!

10. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Lazy American animators happened. And then Japan happened.

11. Pimp Recruit (formerly Don Music)

Pimp Recruit (formerly Don Music) Member

The only really bad thing is that there will be people playing it.