do you guys think that we should advertise empires more?

Discussion in 'General' started by dnc, Jul 12, 2006.

1. dnc

dnc Member

because im getting bored of the emp_districts with realy laggy games and having to shoot about 2 metres in front to kill someone. or when you fire a tank shell and the enemy tank moves twice itts length in a split second...

so i was thinking that on all the other gaming forums that we go on, we should post a link to the empires mod website.

would anyone else do this?

2. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

I have empiresmod in my sig on most forums I visit regularly. Word of mouth is a great way to generate interest, but I would advise against aggressive marketing ploys while the mod is still in Beta.

Also I don't see the relation of how an increase of players would solve the amount of lag? Care to explain?

3. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

I strongly advise against really pushing Empires at this point. I think that at the least, aircraft have to be in before we start touting it.

4. Sheepe

Sheepe Member

And less crashing

Nice sig fox

-Sheepe

5. Doobie

Doobie Ancient Tester

hahaha i like the humping jeeps.

6. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

7. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Been sitting on it for a while now. I wanted to wait a bit before I premiered it. :D

8. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

um.. exactly what part have you been sitting on?

on topic: i say just keep telling ppl so it grows a little, but avoid mass 'advertising' cause it is still beta

9. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

*wink, wink, nudge, nudge*

I think the developers are pretty much unanimous in the belief that they should hold off on promoting, so there's not much to really be said here. All in good time, dnc, all in good time.

10. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

I think I saw a movie of Hawt Jeep Seckz...

1) If you're lagging that bad, get an upgrade or something, chances are more people will make it much worse.

2) With the current bugs, overjudgemental people will likely start bitching and create more Empires antagonists, then you will find protagonists. Waiting for the official release might be a solution.

LOL! Reset post count. :P

I wonder why ^Dee^ didn't get that, she has ~750.

11. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

There have been tons of threads like this before... General consensus seemed that we should wait just a little bit more like the implimintation of aircraft and the sexyfiying of empires... after that well I guess another major discussion will start...

We dont want to turn people off like with the original beta... Even though that acts as a filter and creates a really great community

Kudos to everyone who is loyal to empires :D

12. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

For the Union!

13. katana9000

katana9000 Member

No. For the Empire!

14. dnc

dnc Member

well ok, but my theory is that difenrent people have servers closer to them and that reducer latency, so the more people we have, gives us mofre people willing to create servers which gives us more full servers in closer regions, which reduces latency... its a mad plan i admit, but will it work?

15. Darg

Darg Member

Well Stormed and the official servers used to work fine for me and as far as I know they're both in the states.. unless Stormed is english??

I'd stick to those two if you want to reduce lag. There are a few other .cfg file settings you can play with to try and optimise your connection too. Do a search on these forums for config files and you should find a few posts on it.

As for advertising I think most people here are in agreement that we should wait until most of the planned features are in game before going crazy and holding people at gun-point to make them play the game. (Blimp-point??)

What we all should try to do is make up some really fantastic community promo vids for when that time comes. Lock the official server for a few hours, post the password here and then whoever wants to help will be able to come. Someone with a great video card and connection will be needed as the FRAPS guy :)

EDIT: i.e. not me

16. olla

olla Member

There are a few hints suggesting that Stormed is actually german... but maybe THEY only want to make us believe... We arr ze germanz!

17. dnc

dnc Member

stormed are german if you look at the web address it has something like stormed.de on it the .de is a deutsch thing if ya know what i mean... but i am getting a little annoyed of some of the severe lagg taht we get.

18. olla

olla Member

Aaaaww! Me brainz hurt so much!
    Note to self: must not make sarcastic comments in this forum!

19. Darg

Darg Member

They may have rented a server in the states to play on. Most of the rentable server farms are in the states from what I know.

20. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

The Stormed server is definedly in Europe. :D My ping tells me this. Works like a wonder. :) My favorite.

Oh and I've been doing silent advertising to get more people to shoot at...