Distributable points

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by inferno, Feb 11, 2012.

1. inferno

inferno Member

What if the commander gets, say, one rank point a minute or something to distribute amongst the team if they follow his orders? Especially late game, when nobody will get those refineries because they all want to roll a heavy. Comm could open the tabmenu and click a button next to somebodys name to give them a rank point for doing the comm's orders.

Pros- People would actually follow orders lategame

Cons- Might get abused, but you can impeach them w fsspace.

inb4 winning is the incentive

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i think this would get too much of a hassle. youll need to do it (huge skill gap), people will ask you to do it (disputes) and it will probably fail to archieve what you intend (late game points dont matter that much anymore).
    i find the incentive to give the comm something he can influence players with possitive feedback good though.

brings me, we really need comm powers - anything that makes the comm more manifest on the battlefield. atm its more of an idea, apart of the vehicle thing, which only gets existant once its under attack. (i hope its somehow understandable what i mean, im struggling)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  3. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I'm all for giving the commander more to do, but I'm not sure this is the way to do it, I kinda feel it would make the comm subservient as people demand rank points all round and you just know that it will just get given to anyone with a clan tag by default. There should definitely be rewards for following orders though

What if if it were simply to buff the points earnt for say, building/repairing/healing a unit with a guard order or for destroying/killing a unit with an attack order (I believe single attack orders are back soon?) Then I think it gives a good incentive and increases cooperation between players and commanders/squad leaders.

Commanders will set more orders because people are more likely to follow them, which in theory would lead to more organisation. It basically increases the effectiveness of the simple tools the commander has, rather than just adding more tools to the box. The hardest thing in a normal round is incentivising people to do something. Probably needs some scope for assists to really work well.

4. Nickierv

Nickierv Member

Keep in mind that kill assists are also on the way back in, so unless you are screwing around ebuilding a lulzfort for the entire round, odds are you will end up with at least 30 points.

5. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Bad suggestion.

6. inferno

inferno Member

Offer something constructive or fuck off, asshat

7. Paradox

you should fuck off with this retardation of yours. With all these suggestions that are pointless and dont contribute to anything this suggestion is bad since late game noone even cares about points anymore you'll have reached 30 already and have 4 skills so people just go derp, who cares bout 1 point if I can get 5 more if I just stay here and keep fighting.

It's like telling a kid he should go do groceries and he can get 1 cookie when there are 5 cookies in the cookie jar he can take when his parents arent looking I mean derp bro. Next you'll suggest a cv that needs set up time

8. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Inferno... I like that your trying to put forth ideas... however perhaps... give your ideas more time to mature in your mind before bringing them to the board. Perhaps bounce your idea off someone in chat before bringing it here to be publicly ridiculed for not having thought about it enough. As you have seen... people become assbags when they see an idea that is half baked. They relish the idea of pouncing and tearing an idea to sunder before it can reach maturity. Like a cat attacking a baby mouse.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  9. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

I have a cat and I once raised baby mice. They were good friends; my cat only attacks things that move fast.

10. flasche

better move slow then inferno :P

11. inferno

inferno Member

im suprised most of these suggestions got taken seriously lol

12. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

qft
    Giving out single points for ppl following orders throughout the game, and due to that make ppl reach even earlier enough points for all skills, to promote late game discipline is like shooting yourself in the head in order to survive, such suggestions which inarguably fail to solve the very problem they were put forth in the first place, make me want to puke, because OP obviously didn't bother to read his own shit before pressing the submit button.
    OFC everyone makes a mind derp once in a while but to bombard the suggestion forums with half baked ideas without even bothering to use search once to see if suggestion 123 were discussed before (SMG3? Shotguns?)... well I don't know about you but IMO that's on a level of a spambot. :headshot:

13. inferno

inferno Member

i passed spambot level 4 months ago

14. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

inb4 ban, why is he still allowed to post?

15. Paradox

yeah ban this mutherfucker and remove my infraction for saying "banhammer" cause he actually asks for it

16. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

i actually think the idea of the comm being able to reward people is worth discussion, even if giving people points directly is a bad idea

17. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Ban Der Man.

18. flasche

an interesting idea we discussed for cold trap would be comm-placeable beacons which emit an area in which you get increased points (or buffs, the specifics have been unclear).
    anyway, COMM POWERS, COMM POWERS, COMM POWERS, ...

19. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

The commander could give out a small amount of wages instead of points.

20. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I like the idea because I would give the points purely to my own clan members (because they're better than everyone else). Also that I can demand them off the comm or ban him. Just sayin'.