distance where buildings disappear...

Discussion in 'Support' started by xMoDx, Aug 25, 2010.

1. xMoDx

xMoDx Member

Is there a way to adjust in what distance buildings fade away. Sometimes I have the problem that the buildings on the other side of the base already disappear. F.e. in crossroads sitting right outside the base, the rax on the other end of the base already fades out, and this isn't that a large distance...:(
    I have pretty new and shiny hardware should be no problem for my PC to handle a higher visual range.

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Out of curiousity, were you on the -MEG- server? They have the building visual range set so low it's insane. Moojuice was parked on top of some walls, and until I got up close, it just looked like he was floating in mid air.

Visual range is a server side variable, and -MEG- server had it really low yesterday. Like, so low it was unplayable.

3. xMoDx

xMoDx Member

ah ok thx Trickster...yes I have been on the -MEG- server yesterday, and yes it was pretty much unplayable ;)

4. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Server can set at what distance entities (like buildings) are sent to the client but client sets the view distance. I could add limiting for netvisdist variables so admins won't use too low values by mistake.

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I think it was pretty obvious that it was fucked up. The vis distance must have been about 3k, instead of 9k. If we just add a comment in the cfg, then it should fix it.

emp_sv_building_netvisdist 9000 // Don't set this much lower or it'll make shit look really stupid

6. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

yea squish has been busy so he coudnt fix shit atm. me and hobbes have noticed it and it will be fixed in the future :)

7. alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj Member

sometimes its odd. when u look straight at the building, its not there. but when u turn about 25degrees, the building shows up on t he periphery =p..

8. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

the distance is square, not circular. You can see 9000 units above and in front of you, as well as +- 4500 units in either direction at the Z plane.

9. Empty

Empty Member

Isn't Z up/down.

10. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

X = left/right
    Y = up/down
    Z = 3D ?

11. Empty

Empty Member

12. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Top view in hammer is the X/Y view, looking upon the Z plane.

Front view is XZ and Side view is YZ iirc.