dieing animations for revive

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by =HELLION=, May 18, 2006.

1. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

i think it would be cool to have a dieing animation for players to show off that they need to be revived. eg: you get shot to 0 health or normaly die and instead of the corpse the animation of like lieing on the ground holding out a hand or something moving back and forth, this way you could call for a medic and get revived ... it would stay in the animation for a time limit or however to works right now or until you use a ticket to respawn

2. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Would be nice to see.

Last edited: May 18, 2006
  3. Jn.

Jn. Member

Wow, that would be kinda scary :) Five dead players laying on the ground, all of whom are staring at you and slowly waving :D Maybe we should give them a zombie-like voice saying "reviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive, reviiiiiiiiiiiiive." I don't know if this idea is particularly necessary, since if you see a body, well, it's dead and it needs reviving. It would be kinda funny though.

4. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

well the whole thing would be that you dont revive dead people , you resurrect them. so thats why i would think that reviveing would be like almost dead so the player could hold out a arm saying medic. just a thought though. i sorta thought it was funny that a dead body pops up and has full health and all that . if they would be almost dead it would be more story like but this isnt a book i guess its a game

Last edited: May 18, 2006
  5. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Maybe only allow control of the head (rolling around signalling you're alive) or bind right click to shout "Medic!"

6. Jimather

Jimather Member

and if the player decides to spawn then leave the ragdoll there for a couple of seconds completely slumped so it gives the process continiuity. seeing a dead body fade away or wink out makes sense, but not a moving body.

good idea.

7. palehorse864

palehorse864 Member

It might mess up the ragdoll system and then we would be stuck with standard animations and such. It wouldn't be bad if we had some sort of easier medic yell with a medic cross that appears over someone.

Currently, any corpse you see on the battlefield can be revived though so that is already an indicator. You just have to run at the corpse before they respawn and hit it with your repair tool.

8. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

oh man i didnt think about the rag doll, oh well ... maybe just allowing to call for a medic ?

9. Jn.

Jn. Member

Good idea.

10. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

yeh and an icon above the place he died, and where he can be revived, when he respawns the icon dissapears