Developers please please please

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Paradox, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

2. Paradox

whats the point on giving feedback or anything when devs wont even reply to fucking threads in the feedback and suggestions forums.

g fucking g

3. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

Not saying this with any authority, but I believe v2.9 was feature locked at the beginning of the month so for the moment the concern is getting bugs with the new version ironed out, and then testing.

4. Paradox

I understand, but thats completely beside the point.
    I feel like we're discussing new things talking about potential new features and adjustments for the future ( might be 3 months might be 3 years ), but it feels completely fucking stupid to do when theres no developer input telling us if its even possible for them to do. It feels pointless and a waste of time.

5. Lightning

Lightning Member

this is all that came to mind when i say that title 2minutes 6 seconds in.

6. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

"me", or do you speak in pluralis majestatis?
    its most certainly possible, is it worth wasting time on it? no

(but im no dev)

7. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Vulcan does a good job of speaking with the community. He took on the Tank Destroyer idea when it got a majority vote and is working it almost exclusively as well. He also posts updates quite often as well which is quite nice to keep the community informed.

8. VulcanStorm

VulcanStorm Developer Staff Member Moderator

Well, I agree that we need to be more open. However, Tama will be updating you all on our current progress soon.

But in short, lately a lot of work has gone on behind the scenes. Making our developer lives easier. Along with tons of bug fixes.

But I will try to post on every feature request and give it from a developer point of view.

9. Paradox

I dont specifically want devs to make promises about implementing stuff in this feedback forums I just want them to participate and tell us before we start discussing finer details if they would even ever consider doing this.

Its like writing feedback letters to a company just to see that at the end of the day they just throw those letters in the bin.

10. Thexa4

Thexa4 Developer Staff Member Moderator

Almost all things suggested on the feedback forum are doable within a few weeks of full-time work. Unfortunately most of the dev team can't work fulltime on Empires so things are mostly done in based on how important or interesting it is. Having fully thought out ideas saves us time if we get around to implementing it so we do appreciate it.

If we internally decided we won't implement a certain feature, like aircraft, we'll be sure to mention it in the thread.