Demo's do not record in 2.0- Only as player, spec works fine

Discussion in 'Support' started by Lord Ned, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Lord Ned

Lord Ned Member

It probably annoys a few of us who want to do montages or whatever (For us machinima makers, we should be in spec anyways. ;)) if we record a demo we freeze up with a NetChannel type error sending Fragments, and you get caught in a fragment loop until you re-join. It happens in Garry'smod,- but in GMod it only happens after the server has been on a map for too long.

I just think that you guys should be aware, only seems to affect players, and not spectators. Haven't tried it as a commander.

Would be nice to be able to record demos for demo smoother or for a video tutorial whatnot.

2. arklansman

arklansman Member

I usually only have this problem if I have been on the server for a while, as you said happens in GMod. Even then it only happens about half the time. It seems pretty random to me.

3. Lord Ned

Lord Ned Member

I think it might be how much data is going on-- Like a cup getting a drop of water every time a physics calculation goes on, a person moves, a bullet fired, a building built, etc. Eventually that cup gets full. The demos say "NO U" at you, and give you fragments.

4. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Start recording your demo soon after you join the map. It always works then.

5. Lord Ned

Lord Ned Member

I know, still makes it hard.