Deleting Smoke+Explosions

Discussion in 'Support' started by PreDominance, Jun 19, 2009.

1. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Just wondering, is it possible to magically delete a few files and make the explosions (turrets dieing, mortars/rockets/nades, buildings) and smoke (turrets, buildings) go away? I get 2fps by staring into them and it's pissing me off when I die due2it.

Thanks!
    -wolf

2. communism

communism poof

Yeah there is a way, but doing so would be kind of unfair don't you think?

3. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

How so? Explosion last for a second or so but the lag lasts for a few.

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I use bubbles for smoke grenades in CSS lolololol.

5. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

~_~

That doesn't help me o.o

6. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

This should help:
    [​IMG]
    Costs only 60 Euro.

7. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Then go buy it for me, kthx.

Otherwise I need filepaths that STAY OUT OF C:\WINDOWS

8. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

steamapps\sourcemods\empires? :)

9. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I know that! Now what VMF's do I get rid of? (If it IS a vmf, anyways)

10. ba'al

ba'al Member

Empiressmoke+explosions.vmf??

Seriously now, won't deleting random files break empires?
    I mean, won't the game detect it's missing some files and crash when it tries to use them?

Relating to this, FIX THE SMOKE, why is it so laggy?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  11. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Don't you mean .WMT /.VTF? VMF are used for mapping.. So unless you're making a devil evil plan on removing emp_money, you're out bicycling.

12. arklansman

arklansman Member

You delete them and you'll get pink checkerboards. ;p

13. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

:c

I think explosions are sprites/effects which I can't delete without editing the game scripts.

:c

14. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Yeah getting rid of the smoke would be nice cause it lags me too. But It would also kinda be cheating.. But who really uses smoke nades other then griefers?

15. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Smokespam @ district :D

Anyways, I don't mind smoke grenades. When I'm an engi camping my turret/wall nading a rax and my turret dies and they rush while I lag...X(

16. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

particles/buildings.pcf
    try to replace that file with this one:
    http://files.getdropbox.com/u/234780/buildings.pcf

I just edited the particle and it should use less memory. I don't see any difference in fps, probably because I have a shitload of memory and the game doesnt care how much it wastes but it could help.

And then don't forget to tell if it helped.

17. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

replace the ones that give you trouble with ones that don't give trouble (deleting trouble ones, and copying nontrouble ones and renaming to the old trouble files, so you will have weird but lag free effects

18. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

What about just deleting the pcf's? :U

19. ba'al

ba'al Member

Delete steam folder, that fixes all.

20. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

No it doesn't.