Dark Messiah Demo

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shinzon, Aug 10, 2006.

1. katana9000

katana9000 Member

Yeah thats because you have to hit it perfectly in the eye. After some practice it gets rather easy. Just look out when it trys to grab you. It appears thats a one-hit-kill with that ammount of heath.

2. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

UGH. I freaking shot him in the eye with at least 25 bows (all hits, like 6 were misses). I should have used my sword when I got full adrenaline though. I've also gotten close by using my sword, but it takes longer. Man, I probably could have killed him if I hadn't gave up lol.

Fox, can you post your cfg? I have trouble making cfgs, last time I tried to get my spray and flashlight back into Empires I had to re-install. >.<

3. katana9000

katana9000 Member

The bow!? Man I gave up trying that... Perhaps with 200 more arrows that would have worked. Sword is the only thing I can get to work.

4. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Mmkay, I've attached my config.cfg in .txt format. Just paste the text over what you have in your current .cfg file (normally located in C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Dark Messiah of Might and Magic Demo\mm\), and it should be fine. I've changed the default keys, so you'll want to change those back when you load up the game. I've assigned the letter keys on the right side of the keyboard to various functions. P turns sv_cheats on, K turns gravity to 50, L turns it to 600 (normal), H toggles notarget, M toggles god mode, and N toggles noclip. It should be simple enough.

Does anybody know what +xana does? It's bound to V by default, and I have no idea what it is.

Attached Files:

5. katana9000

katana9000 Member

I would think it increases your mana... But thats just a wild guess.

6. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

No, it's a bind, like +forward or +duck. The plus sign means it has to be held down to act continually.

7. katana9000

katana9000 Member

huh... I don't know then. Perhaps something not yet incorporated into the game.

8. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Most likely. I popped open the .gcf files and they have all sorts of shit they didn't need to include. I also get the feeling that the second level was created simply for showcasing at E3 (the fact that the map name starts with "e3" helps, too). I think they just packaged up everything they had, cut of the E3 demo at the cyclops (where it obviously isn't complete), and threw it out there as a demo.

It's still good though.

9. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Katana... Nice... I will try killing it again... :D

10. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

my best expeirence was in the room with the rope that u can cut and unleashthe huge wooden thing.
    2 people were chasing me, and i was running away, and as i was runnin, i slashed the rope. on the first swing, it hit one guy, and then the next swing hit the other guy.
    also, one time it missed, i kicked the guy back into it XDDD

11. katana9000

katana9000 Member

Yes I am the Lord of Cyclops slaying. :D Seriously though it doesn't take that long to figure it out. I started by shooting arrows. (Did squat) Next I used fireballs. (Only startled him when hit in the head) Pulled out my sword and aimed for the head. (50% success rate) Aimed for eye. (Cyclops ala flambae) Once they fix his navigation abilities he will be more challenging I hope.