Damage Indication on Minimap

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Duke Pending, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Duke Pending

Duke Pending Member

This is just a thought I had the other night while I was playing as an engineer on emp_money. Would it be possible to do something on the minimap like make the squares flash when a building is getting damaged? While the alerts can be helpful, it gets difficult when more than one building of a certain kind exists. (For example, 10 refineries on money.) I was acting as repairman that night, but found myself spending a lot of time trying to find which exact building was being hit. I just thought some form of indication could help both in that regard and in other maps when bases get spread out to show more rapidly which one specifically is under attack.

2. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Perhaps have it that when you pop the full map display up as an engineer, you can get damage stats by mousing over the various building/tank dots. Or just building dots.

3. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

oooh that's a cool idea Niarbeht, I think that could really be a great addition

Last edited: Aug 4, 2006
  4. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

See?

Sadly, there are people (who refuse to buy tanks when my team's pushing 10k res and has tons of research) who call me a noob comm.

But they're all wrong! I know what I'm talking about!

5. NobleDragon

NobleDragon Member

Id love to have this implemented. Cant tell you how many times ive lost buildings cause i couldnt figure out which ones was being attacked.

6. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

there are many threads about this, but none offer the cool splution presented in tis one. some form of this despritly needs to be introduced.

7. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Love this suggestion. It only makes sense that some kind of warning network would exist between buildings. If not by default, this should definately be researchable fairly early on.