CW banned on BSID???

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Evan, Feb 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

I posted this on the BSID website re: CW being banned by BSID

2. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

Additionally, I would like to add:

- CW is providing the CW Training server as a service for noobs. The server could just be turned off and they wouldn't have it to use and you still wouldn't be banned from our main server

- I only banned clan tags, not steam IDs.

The training server gets about 2 or 3 new steamIDs everyday and I've had complaints about clanners making their learning time into real games. Not the point of the server.

3. davee magee

davee magee Member

sigh...i remember the days of FB when i could say i came up with this training idea...

4. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

Haha the plot thickens:

eth0 removed my complaint from the BSID forums and wrote:

I recognize this is not a matter for the entire community, but (1) it has implications for everyone and (2) eth0 has removed trust from the equation of my posting on the BSID forums.

I think what he said about not even thinking about his rule before enforcing it shows a lack of mental capacity. Rules are guidelines, not if-then statements.

5. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Sounds like bullshit.

If I can join, somethings up. Most likely silly, forgetful CW folks.

If I can't, something ELSE is up. Most likely asshatery.

Damn. Their server somehow got 1.08's district? No way I'm connecting to that.

EDIT:
    Lies. I tried connecting to the wrong server.

EDIT2:
    Yeah. You guys need to add *-42nd] to your amazerizing list.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  6. Silk

Silk Mapper

I can't understand why a clan would want to go to that server. It's not meant for serious people to have a serious match. New people can use it to learn what a cv does, they'll learn (after a while) that you can research something with a radar. Every 30 seconds there's a tip or info to help the new players, like for example what the keys 'B', 'N' and 'F' or for; or that an engineer can build some defences, while the commander is the only one who can make the real buildings.

Even we don't really go there. Sometimes I check the server, answer a few questions when a recruit asks me somethings, and when I see everything is fine I leave the server and probably join the bsid #1 server (has the best ping for me). No clan should be afraid that there are people playing on the nOOb server, with them unable to enter it. There are no serious matched played there.

It's supposed to be a nOOb's heaven, I can't say it any more simple.
    The cw server is (offcourse) available for EVERYONE.
    And you can even join the nOOb server, but you'll have to remove the clan tag for that time.

7. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

All we did was set autokick to ONE/JPL/BSID clan names. We didnt ban anybody. We haven't added the 42nd, Niar :D

EDIT: Though, if BSID continues to ban CW we will do the same in kind and try to rally support for a boycott. Why are we fighting? This is dumb. Stop.

EDIT2: Thanks Niar. I added the 42nd.

8. cfreak

cfreak Member

BSID were organized by some of the .6-.8 testers, originally a pretty cool group, but now they're just riding the elitism train. In fact, even with the attitude ignored, they're still a pretty disgraceful bunch, clan stacking against noobs and whining when cheap tactics are used against them, the Mighty Clan-Stackers.

However, they are still in Krenzo's favor, hence them having 1.08.

Pardon the bitterness. =/

9. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

You've got too nervous. One person from BSID got a bit too nervous too when I banned him from #fb-private... I thought that name "private" is saying it all. :P

10. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Dead serious, guys. If you want to check out what the purposes of the server are, then take your tag (and pride) off for a minute, and check it out.

I'm sure you'll find it interesting. I'm sure you'll find it to be everything it says it is.

Ever thought of making one of your own?

11. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

I think MOOtant might have hit the nail on the head.

The CW Clan Server is a public server and open to everyone

The CW Training Server is a private server open only to new players / non-clan players

When we have our CW Private server up and it has a password, are you going to ban us?

12. Caelo

Caelo Member

He probably will...

13. Silk

Silk Mapper

I'm sure all of this is a big misunderstanding and will get resolved soon.

14. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

That's what I'm not sure about.

eth0 is basing his decision on a supposed BSID rule that says "blanket ban = blanket ban" with no qualifiers. If that is the case and he doesn't budge, well then we'll have a difficult situation... because we aren't budging on the Training Server.

If the training server is going to be online, it will have these clan tag autokicks. I know the server gets use and I presume it does good for the community, so I don't think it should suffer because of eth0's reluctance to bend a rule.

15. Fudge Packio

Fudge Packio Member

After reading all this it is very evidant that BSID are acting like babies , I want nothing to do with thier clan, any association at all, I refuse to go on thier servers ever again.

16. Caelo

Caelo Member

its not like you have a choice fudge :D

also eth0: It's a shame you banned us from all of your normal public servers, and not just role-specific ones (like evan did)...

17. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Well, i have seen CW clan stack on the BSID servers, maybe that's why they banned you?

18. Silk

Silk Mapper

:D
    It's so sad it's making me laugh

Solo ... if we'ld had to ban clans because they teamstacked a few times ... we should have banned all clans months ago.

in fact, I even started a thread on our servers about the problem of clan stacking. In the screenshot I posted bsid were cleary guilty. If had taken one the other day, cw or jpl could have been doing the exact same thing. This is something that all clans do unfortunately.
    Solving the clanstacking problem should be group effort. Not: there's 3 of cw in 1 team, BAN !
    But it's not that, eth0 has replied to the thread about our nOOb server. He cleary stated the problem.

19. CWUnlimited

CWUnlimited Member

WTFman... BSID are acting like pricks... That server is there just for NEW PLAYERS FFS and not for clans to have a match on! are you guys blind?:mad:

20. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

CW guys I realize you are pissed about this, but try not to flame on this forum.

Let BSID's actions speak for themselves

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.