Cvmg

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by HungryGuy, Oct 19, 2006.

1. HungryGuy

HungryGuy Member

A resurch that gives the CV a automated anti-ninja CV. I don't expect pepplez to like this one.

2. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

Hungryguy, meet MG turret. MG turret, meet hungryguy

3. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

MG turret, meet jeep, jeep, meet mg turret
    :D

4. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

jeep meet mine, mine, mee-blow up jeep

5. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I like it... you cant take a turrent with you every where you go, and since this is a ressearch, the CV can't be used as an assult veichle at the begining of the round

ANd plus I have seen countless ninjas block a turret with a jeep...

6. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

meet several turrets. I think 4 ml's and 4 MG's is a good layout, and at Lev 3 you need only half of that. and you are invinvible.

7. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

if your defense is so shitty that someone can ninja your cv, you deserve to lose

8. HungryGuy

HungryGuy Member

The whole piont of this segestion is as Shinzon said, if you need to run to your other base, you at least have some anti-ninja defence as soon as you get there.

9. Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz)

Cyber(Gunner_Yeyz) Member

An other idear is pop out of the Cv really fast, shoot the miner then get back in and run.

10. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I cannot count how many times that Ninja actualy managed to kill me and the CV was left exposed as the team madly mobolized to get it out of harms way...

Personaly I would choose ANYTHING over turrets... Making ninjas fear the CV ISTELF and not see it as a sweet spot...

Just imagine you are a ninja, creeping twoards the CV thats parked on the front line (Mid game, you are loosing and want to win) You swich to mines and are about to get in striking range when, the CV engine turns on, an MG pops out and starsts gunning you down like scum, killing you with the enemy commander laughing like a maniac...

Thats what I would love to see...

11. FalconX

FalconX Developer

How about just putting this on CVs by default, rather than making it a research? Done well, it would be able to take out any lone player, but probably no more. So a balanced ninja squad would be effective, but loners would have to work towards other ends.

This would take out the frustration of having your (or your enemy's) CV taken out without a good fight, and would force teamwork in order to accomplish it. It would still be possible for a ninja to attack anything else in the base.

12. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I think it'd be really anoying... imagine if you had a little Lev 1 turret with the health of a CV, which is what it would essentially be. once, the CV got completely abandoned at the start of canyon near the start, and without the use of mines, it took at least a minute to finish it. by which time, the MG would have been able to finish them.

13. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

make the mg separate, but repairable. Also whoever said that you dont want CV rushes, i beg to differ :D

14. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Maybe a high-powered, slow-firing cannon? Maybe a flak cannon?

15. FalconX

FalconX Developer

Well yes, that would kindof be the point. If you were working together with some teammates your squad would be able to heal you while you went around destroying things. Or, at the least, they'd be able to divert its fire for just long enough, or any number of other possibilities.

I don't understand the point of the rest of your post.

16. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

i say give it a lvl .5 mg trt under the chasi. wont be a good attack vehicle at start, but would prevent a ninja, just not 2 ninjas or 1 really good one.

17. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

the rest of my post was an example: the abandoned CV with full health took a full minute to destroy in one game... and if there had been a little MG in it, it would have killed several of them.

I don't see any problem really with having to have turrets around you CV. it gives a defence that with a proper attack can easily be destroyed, but will protect you VS ninjas.

18. HungryGuy

HungryGuy Member

I think Shinzon is the only one who gets the point of this idea.

19. Leprechaun

Leprechaun Member

haha... personally, as a mild ninja fan, i enjoy being able to infiltrate an enemy base... sneak around turrets and people, and then BLOW IT INTO THE SKIES! lol... its so funny to see how many times it can flip with mines... but if the cv defended itself... that would take out the main reason to have defense set up at your base... not a bad idea, but i just dont like it that much..

20. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

the most fun i've ever had playin this game was while being a ninja