Current Status?

Discussion in 'General' started by Domicron, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Domicron

Domicron Member

So I downloaded this mod when it first came out and tried it out for a day. Good concept, but the lag was extreme. Seemed as if the Source engine wasn't cut out for the size of the maps and the number of vehicles.

I've been considering downloading the patch, but was hoping to get some feedback from this community as to the current status of the game. How well has the lag issue been addressed?

Is it fun yet?

I have high hopes for the mod, for sure. Just wondering if now is the time to give it a shot.

thanks in advance!

2. zadarblack

zadarblack Member

This game is truly awesome

but i must say as in all game in developpement ppl do abuse all the bug there is in it

but if you playing with 1.0 well upgrade to the most new version

cause the experience of game is truly lots better :) with the patch

3. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

Yeah, theres usually 2-3 full servers. If your bored pick up commanding. I think I'm gonna bide my time playing old school starcraft till ironsights and the huge weapons update, becuase I really cant stand the current firefighting. I do play periodically when I need to get my quota of Explosive Artillery Shell equipped artillery :D

4. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Although the fps takes quite a hit with a lot of action, the lag is almost non existant, depending on the server :)

5. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

If you're in Europe try the Stormed servers. Good pings and some of the time there's good admins too that keep the exploiters at bay. :) Good stuff. And they also have some custom maps in their rotation.

6. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Yeah, the lag isn't too bad, and usually my ping is low (around 20) but that's fast enough to see what's going on, this mod rocks.

7. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

They really cleaned up the veichle code, compared to the first versions this is godlike...

Sure it still doesnt feel polished or finished, but keep in mind this is still a beta, worthy of a try :D

8. Vlade

Vlade Member

There is a lack of kittens in the new version... and the old versions.... WTF? Why no kittens dev team?! Why!?

9. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

I've noticed a funny thing when I played The Hidden the other day. It actually lags more on a 9 player server than empires on a 32 player server... :) Weird.

10. Silk

Silk Mapper

I know, the hidden isn't playable anymore for some reason, certainly not when your the hidden yourself.

Ow and Domicron, you really should install the patch. Everything is much and much better. Still though it isn't perfect as you' ll notice, but compared with the first release ... Awesome !

11. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

even though there is a distirbing(?) lack of kittens, there is a potted cactus in badlands.

12. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Kittens need to be merged with artillery to become a furry hairball cannon, they shoot flying whales by stuffing up their blowholes so they explode into dogfood...

Holy crap, that's alot of random.

13. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

Just wait till Don implements it becuase of you, thanks alot >.<
    It'll probably be NF only, being more biomechanical than those damned nazistic british brenodi.
    No more randomness kk? We have enough blimb's/blimps/flyingwhales throughout the forum thank you.
    If you ever wanna blow a good 3 hours try comming, it'll keep you entertained for a while.

14. =HELLION=

=HELLION= Member

hell im in the US and it runs fine here, but serious, its a beta nobody said that its suppose to work otherwise it would be called finished..