Current Status of Art for the mod?

Discussion in 'Art' started by f1r3w4rr10r, Mar 7, 2014.

1. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

Hi guys, some might still remember me, some might not.

(I basically just got reminded that this still exists because I found some messages on Facebook from December last year by a certain John Hamelin...)

But the general question is this:

Is there still anything going on here in the art department? Are people working on any models / texturing? Do you got some concept art nobody is working on at the moment?

I know I was pretty damn slow at modeling when I left and couldn't texture worth a damn. But trust me, I've become a lot faster and better by now. I have worked / am working on some other projects by now, but I would like to help if you need anything.

I wish I could show you more than just this to prove my point, but I can't post the rest of my works because of an NDA I agreed on.

(Any and all comments concerning ponies or the like will be ignored, since I am not here to talk about that. If you want to talk about it, there are other platforms on the web to do that.)

2. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Stuff is being made for sure, but I'm not one to talk about it really.

Welcome back though :p

3. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

Thanks. Well, I still have dev access on the forum and I don't see anything. >.<

4. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

yey firewarrior, finally someone who knows his shit in blender \o/

i know the tutorial for that fallout tunnel from your deviantart page - andrew price was the first guy i followed on youtube ^^

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  5. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

I'm being watched! <.< >.>

6. flasche

dont put links in your sig if you dont like it :D

7. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

8. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

So you think I should prove myself on some map props first before suggesting to improve the core models, eh? ^^ Fine by me.

9. flasche

i dont think its about proving anything, its more about what is being done atm. if youd model core stuff like buildings or vehicles youd have to come up with stuff on your own. devs got a lot more open and supportive if it comes to community content.
    long story short, if you want to do other things come up with something im sure if its good its getting used. there is just no argument about it atm.

10. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

You are probably right about that. Changing the core things would take a lot more thought, since it also involves game design.

11. flasche

i mean the whole mod could use a complete gfx overhaul, its just an incredible amount of work and so far youd be the only one from concept over models to textures.
    and only switching out single elements just doesnt look right.

12. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

Well, I am not necessarily the best at introducing new concept / concept art. I don't even know if we really got anyone dedicated to game design at the moment. I mean sure, mappers are some kind of game designer, but I don't know about core game design.

13. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Get in contact with wealthy/candles/trickster/beerdude if you want to improve the core game. I'm sure if Trickster wasn't getting shot in Saudi Iraqistan, then he'd be groveling at your feet about now.

14. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

I think I will do that once I tried my hands on these mapping props first.

15. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

16. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Yeah, maybe you will have more luck than me. I managed to decompile them and make them longer, shorter etc. And then I couldn't aim the medium anymore..

17. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

You mean you couldn't move the cannon up and down or do you mean that you couldn't move the turret left or right?

I believe there's some magic that goes into the the cannon to make it go up and down. There's also some magic that goes into the turret models to make them turn left or right.

I bet Trickster & Friends would assist.

I don't think that's possible. You could have separate chassis copies with the desired turret/cannon setup, but you can't change the models based on the weapon choices.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  18. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Lorddz showed screenshots of himself showing unique cannons, just the problem was cannons aren't attached to the vehicle in the direction you think they are.

19. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Sitka is doing something regarding the weapon models and adjusting the iron sights so they are not terrible.

From my understanding trickster has a guy doing art and models and isn't sharing any information because of sekrits.

Anyway it doesn't matter, ive been coaching sitka into using his creative talents more effectively but we hit a gap regarding tools.

I have been trying to find material for him to use to assist him in blender and get a basic grasp on the interface, know the short cuts and such.

If you know anything about blender please contact him and share any information you have.
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988077691/

20. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

I know that to get used to the interface you need to be locked up for two years in a basement without any other way to spend your time.