Current Language Patch

Discussion in 'Support' started by MDKAPPA, Feb 3, 2010.

1. MDKAPPA

MDKAPPA Member

Extract empires_english.zip and ui.zip to Resource folder
    emp_description.zip to Scripts folder

How to translate

1. Find word or sentence in empires folder
    2. If string already have # in front of word (like #GameUI_option), just bring that to empires_english.txt
    3. If string don't have #, just add that front of word like Empires -> #Empires
    4. Open empires_english.txt
    5. Write the word that have # in "" ( "Empires" or "GameUI_option" )
    6. Press tap key and write down "TRANSLATED WORD" and press enter key. ("Empires" "Reich")
    7. Save and test.

Help me! I want to translate Research tree description but cannot.
    Because descriptions are displayed like this [Unresearched] #Physics: ( Cost : 230 Time : 60 ) Info: blah blah.
    If I want to translate it, I must add # in front of [Unresearched] but cannot find that word.
    Please someone help me! I wish next patch include empires_english.txt file in resource folder.

Attached Files:

2. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

wait...

the info: is useless.

All you need to translate are the numbers, if necessary, and the words "damage" "heat" "weight" "cost", and the tree name.

"Description" "(Items In Category: Plasma Cannon, Plasma MG) Study the properties of matter as it is heated to plasma like levels."

that's the only text you should be editing in the scripts for the descriptions.

The other words I mentioned above are part of the UI.

In all honesty, the descriptions are useless. Just write down in whatever language a description of what the weapon actually does in your own words.

The actual name of something, like "HE Cannon" can't be changed, but you can write a description for "HE Cannon" that says that that's what it is.

3. MDKAPPA

MDKAPPA Member

But cannot use Unicode or UTF-8 in description.
    Only empires_english.txt can use Unicode.
    If write description in non-english, just displayed squares.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  4. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Personally, I think all weapon names should be the same, how else would people online understand what other people refers to?

"Com research Nukes!"
    "What? You mean the updumblbififiiguguuhl missiles?"

5. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

o.

Can't do anything about that til soundspawn makes it compatable then. GL!

6. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

See...this is why english should dominate the world, it's easy and doesn't have all the weird signs (No hate against other languages!.....gah bleh ok ban me)

7. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

english is one of the stupidest languages i have learned, it might have a simple aplphabet, but has lots of silly rules that dont make sense or do not aid in making yourself more easy understandable

i do agree on the "basic names" being un-translatable or just with a policy not be translated