Current Empires Status ?

Discussion in 'General' started by recon, Feb 15, 2008.

1. recon

recon SM Support Dev

Okay.... I have used the search function... But I haven't really found anywhere that says whats currently happening. I'm a Dev, so I know that you guys don't want people pestering you 500 times a second, so I'm only gonna post this question once...

Where on the forums / website can I find the latest status info on Empires??? I've looked everywhere (well... almost everywhere), and I haven't really found anything organized that just has developer updates...

I did find a thread with 99 pages, filled with about 15 post by devs, and the rest were by the community...

Maybe make a locked global thread with the current status so people know what's going on?

Personally, I'd like to know when the game is going to get a stability overhaul, so I don't crash every few maps...

And the question everyone wants to know, ETA to Aircraft...

2. Superlagg

Superlagg Member

It's a secret.

3. arklansman

arklansman Member

4. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

PM DonMegel every couple of minutes for an update. It's like a play by play.

5. petemyster

petemyster Member

i can see it now, "stop bugging DonMegal" sticked in the general discussion.

6. recon

recon SM Support Dev

I read those... I think there should be something like this for Empires... With weekly updates, so there's one place for people to find out the latest... The only stuff I ever see on the news page is patches and releases.

Dude... That's just retarded... No offence...

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  7. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Do you want a spokesman for empires or what?

8. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Sometimes that's all we know about...the devs work on stuff, but since 2.0 came out there's going to be a longer haul until they can really get down to showing us what's going on. Atm, you should just consider the entry to be:

"We've sorted 2.0 out with the 2.12 patch. Things seem to be going pretty well...aircraft is still coming slowly."

Or something similar...at least, that's what I tend to think - they're trying to get aircraft working and that might be what's on their plate fer a while.

9. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

Slow and steady wins the race. Empires took over a year to get to version 2.0 alone. Have patience.

10. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

ye, I just need to get that code for spawning ''beta'' aircrafts.

11. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

Krenzo is workin on getting Empires over to Orange Box. If I've completed my portfolio by then I'll get him the airplane cockpit hes been waiting on and he can finish up the aircraft code. I wont be done until the begining of March and, Im told, it will prolly take that long to finish the code transistion.

Hows that?

12. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

sounds good!

13. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

Most of the community know as much about the game as any news post would. You should just post any questions you have in a thread and 20 people will answer you with a point by point reply

...followed by flaming of each other. This community rocks

14. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Screw you KT we don't flame each other you bastard. And I bet only 18 people would reply you newb.

15. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Community of the year 2008?

16. taiiat

taiiat Member

lol i can too. hed be like: "leave me alone! ive deleted 500pm's today, 400 from recon! leave me the fk alone guys!!! and fk you, krenzo for telling them to send me so many pm's!". dont really do that, its just torture. he logs in and the pm watcher tells him hes got 300 new pm's? just mean.

17. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

There's a maximum of 60 PM's, and it probably disables PM's from people you set to ignore.

18. gezor

gezor Member

good that flaming is not tolerated in this forum. in many other mod forums u get flamed to death for asking something about the new version (*points at zm forums*).

it would be cool, but it isnt really necessary. im impatient too, but i got the i impression that most empires devs are dedicated and hard-working (in contrast to the majority of mod teams *points at sven-coop devs*)

19. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Sven co-op has/had a shortage of modelers, just like us.

20. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I think thats what 2.0 was, other then new features and some better looks..

I havent crashed in alooongg time.. did you install the latest patch? :rolleyes: