CrosuS Custom Maps Mirroring

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by FF|Skyrider, Jul 25, 2008.

1. FF|Skyrider

FF|Skyrider Member

I think some of you people are already familiar with the program named CrosuS. In short, Crosus is a Game/Mod/Map Management and distribution system software. Through the program, you can download modifications, free games and even maps for quite a few modifications. Rather than giving a long story, let me keep it short. To tell you the truth, I've created the same thread in multiple forums as we (as the crosus team) needs opinions, comments regarding the software. First, click below to get the software. No worries, the file is completely save and has no viruses what so ever.

CrosuS has been improved quite a lot in the past months, so I'll tell you directly what CrosuS has to offer to you. To put it in easy words for the Half-Life 2 mapping community for mods, mirroring of your custom made maps for this modification. Once hosted on CrosuS, you'll be easily able to click on the download button and it'll directly download the map in the right folder where the mod has been installed. No more hassle of extraction, just download and you are done. Now, CrosuS supports sub categories. So it'll be much easier to categorize maps and modifications!

Once you have installed CrosuS, you should see this:
    [​IMG]

Now, click on "Click to log in" and you'll get this screen:
    [​IMG]

You can either register an account, or login as a guest which gives you the right to view all the content, and download 1 file at a time only. If you are a registered user, you can download as many files as you like.

Now, click on "Content", go to "Maps". Search for "Half-Life 2", select "Mods", and you should see a list of Modifications which currently has maps on CrosuS:
    [​IMG]

It may not me much at the moment, but I'm working on it to add more files every day. From here, select any category you wish to download a map from, select the map and click on downloads!
    [​IMG]

Once the download is complete, the file will be downloaded in the map file where it should be, so you can play the map right away without any problems. Now, what I need from you is.. Download links, screenshot and information of your map. And email it to me at Skyrid3r@gmail.com and or Private Message me the information so I can mirror it!

Any comments? Reply below, thanks! And please remember that CrosuS is still in beta, but we are improving every day and supporting more and more games and mods.

PS, I know the thread exists on:
    http://forums.empiresmod.com/showthread.php?t=4124

To let you all know! You can also upload your own maps through crosus! By using the "Upload" Button on the main crosus window, then select "Maps" and then from the first drop down menu, select "Half-Life 2". Then use the category drop down list to select the mod you wish to upload it to! Shortly, I'll give you a small tutorial how to do so! This way, you don't need me just to upload one of your maps to CrosuS.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  2. Empty

Empty Member

Interesting, does it have support for installing a map with several additional files? Empires maps require certain .txts and .vtfs to run them properly. We also make maps slowly, due to their scale. Meaning we generally have most of the maps, or grab them off the server. I don't think this will be that useful unfortunately.

3. FF|Skyrider

FF|Skyrider Member

It does, yes. Currently, I mostly upload the maps because some maps require additional files such as the files you mentioned and people don't always know how to upload those maps. The install path of Empires is: ../sourcemods/empires/maps

I think I'll edit it to "../sourcemods/empires" so you guys can upload your own maps without any kind of problems as you can't change the install path yourself as a normal user. This way, you can just keep it to that path, and just select maps/sounds/models, etc to be uploaded to that folder which should be correct. Here's an image of a few map examples I've already uploaded to CrosuS.

[​IMG]

Also, CrosuS rars every single file on the database. So it decreases the file size quite a lot.

4. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Sign me up :)

5. FF|Skyrider

FF|Skyrider Member

Currently, I also wish for all map makers to PM or email me with their map, screenies and description of the map so I can upload it to CrosuS :). I just hope all map makers will PM me with their map, screenshots and information for me to upload it to CrosuS. Or, you could find out how to upload your maps! But I'll create a tutorial for this shortly!

6. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Sounds like a great idea. I'm sending you one to include.

7. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

8. FF|Skyrider

FF|Skyrider Member

9. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Its down because I was cleaning house. I wanted any server still using the league site for fast DLs to break now, rather than later when the domain suddenly points to some other crazy location that could potentially open a security hole in the server, or client.

I did not however delete any files, I still have those. I can roll them up into a zip and make those available for DL - but I WILL NOT host them for everyone to download. It would only be available to 1-2 people for them to rehost.

10. Lala

Lala Member

11. FF|Skyrider

FF|Skyrider Member

Lovely, thanks guys! :D

12. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

I talked to RA and he is gonna try and get files.empiresleague.com up and working again

13. Sherbie

Sherbie Member

Awww, for a moment I thought it was a way to create a mirrored version of a custom map, so you can play a mirror-version of maps like you're NF on canyon but you don't start west but east! :o

Would be hella confusing! XD

14. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Site is back up for a short period of time.

15. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

16. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

I'm planning to redo the files site to use a PHP system that blocks the use of downloaders and only accepts the files site as a referrer. If some servers want to use the files site for a fastdl mirror (so that when a custom map comes up, it DLs rather quickly...hopefully causing servers to not clear out as easily) they can ask for direct access.