Create server dialog box

Discussion in 'Deferred Bugs' started by complete_, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

It isn't great, but I thought the problem was a lot worse than this. I'll look into removing what that file changes from the listenserver.cfg. If anyone adds it directly into listenserver.cfg then it'll stop working, but at least this will help. I am assuming it just gets overridden by listenserver.cfg, rather than ignored entirely.

2. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

It gets ignored entirely, this is sorta my fault. Way back when there didnt use to be a listenserver.cfg, at all, and all 'CREATE GAME' information came from the .scr, but that was generating some problems for hosting some public games from my computer via port forwarding. So I noticed there was no listenserver.cfg and added one, and now it seems it broke the use of the settings from the create server menu.

So basically someone back in the day knew they couldn't have their create server menu working unless they didnt have a listenserver, then I came around and added a listenserver.cfg and broke it.

3. Trickster

So we can only have either listenserver.cfg, or the .scr file?

4. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

basically yes, unless you can fix the scr info code side

5. complete_

complete_ lamer

campaign to remove listenserver.cfg

6. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

I can't figure out anything codeside on how to fix it, but if you type "lservercfgfile settings.scr" into the console, then it'll properly read from the create server dialog box.

7. Trickster

I swear to god I've changed about 5 different files referencing to old version name but it just refuses to disappear. It's hiding, somewhere.

8. complete_

complete_ lamer

The newest patch says this is fixed but it does not seem to be. Still ignores everything