Crashdumps 2.25 playtest

Discussion in 'Archive' started by dizzyone, Feb 27, 2010.

1. manbeef

manbeef Member

So I guess the bug tracker's still down, so here's a bug with mines:

If you go to do a 9 mine, your ninth mine placed isn't counted. These mines are also permanent and don't disappear when you change classes. I have no idea if they can be detonated by an enemy though. They also cannot be destroyed if you try to do another 9 mine on them; it's like the mine is no longer yours.

2. Kamber

Kamber Member

yeah, i noticed that a couple days ago (couldn't report it cause of kane fail). the mine doesn't hurt enemies or even push vehicles when they drive over them.

I have a couple more bugs to report too, should we wait until a tracker is up or just post em here?

3. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

4. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Post them here.

5. Kamber

Kamber Member

roger.

all these are from rev 18 of new svn, Demos here

BUG 1: this is another weapons not shooting straight bug but this time it is restricted to weapons that melee (pistols, smgs).

If you melee then immediately fire, the bullets will go to the far bottom left of the screen as apposed to the current top right.this is different on smgs but it still goes to a different location than normal. Example in Pistol_shotty.dem

BUG 2: vehicle grenades get stuck together (sometimes) if you have 2 std grenade launchers bound to a single key. usually happens when standing still or driving backwards. Example in apc.dem

BUG 3:Already reported this but I managed to get it on the same demo as the grenade bug so i may as well include it.

Some times the vehicle acceleration sound will get stuck in a loop and continue playing even when you exit the vehicle. Only seen it happen with the cv and apc, which have the same sound as far as i can tell (but could be happening with the others). Example in apc.dem (near end)

I have also noticed that when you build, a big patch of ground at your feet is glowing and throwing off sparks in addition to the normal sparks. as seen here :
    [​IMG]

Is this normal? If so its kinda annoying in my opinion.

6. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

The last bug is because the particle is being created the other way around (in Northern Faction, turret build you!)

7. Reef

Reef Member

I've experienced the "vehicle sound stuck, even after driver exits" on a BE jeep and BE apc.

Crashes were sent to the email address Dizzy provided.

8. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Yeah the loop happened with the NF CV on Isle at testing. I got into it and out a few times, thinking that maybe it was doing some strange thing to do with the slope, but no, it wasn't. 10 minutes later I got in and got out again and that managed to stop it.

9. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Mantis is still active, there just isn't any bugs in it :P

10. Brutos

Great my crashdumps are not working :| this sux (im stupid :|)

Okay we basically have two crashers, i fixed one, but I have to dig deeper for the second one.
    (I don't think that your patch fixed the one in player shared spawn.)

11. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

All of this is for Revision 23.

Bugs:
    1. Vehicle corpse recycle is not full when used on enemy vehicles

[​IMG]

2. BE AFV turret missing texture on coast

[​IMG]

3. When you die underwater on slaughtered, the underwater background sound doesn't go away

Crashdumps:
    http://www.hlrse.net/empiresvhe/ScardyBob/hl2_4104_crash_2010_3_13T18_38_18C0.mdmp
    http://www.hlrse.net/empiresvhe/ScardyBob/hl2_4104_crash_2010_3_13T18_56_44C0.mdmp
    All of BE crashed in this one:
    http://www.hlrse.net/empiresvhe/ScardyBob/hl2_4104_crash_2010_3_13T19_51_25C0.mdmp

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  12. Meliarion

Meliarion Member

Crashdump from rev 23

Attached Files:

13. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

14. Omneh

Omneh Member

15. Brutos

All those dumps point to sdk_player_shared.cpp

Some weapon is broken, please think about what you are anyone around you was shooting at that time.

16. meg griffin

meg griffin Member

Crash Dumps March 13 PUG

A lot of them trying to join a team. Others while driving a BE light tank and 1 driving a BE apc. I wasnt shooting or anything.

Also Textures of the AFV turret where missing in map...(shit i forgot)

When grenadiers where shooting from the AFV turret I could not see the shell flying off.

I also created this bugzilla:

https://bugtracker.empiresmod.net/show_bug.cgi?id=3094

I was testing as a single player, I would research for example biological in
    NF. Then I switched to BE, and I could access and research items inside the
    biological tree even though BE didnt open bio. If i go up to the main root
    research then i cannot access bio anymore.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  17. Reef

Reef Member

Scardy: bar is not filling when recycling any carcass (for me), it doesn't matter if it's enemy or friendly.

Whole NF crashed when BE rax was being destroed. Crash doesn't repeat itself that easily, though.

Someone crashed multiple times when trying to enter the game, same thing I have sent last week. I forgot who was it.

There is only "Composite armor" under "Advanced Machining". Would it be possible to change the name to f.e. Advanced Materials or something?

When firing nfar with "zoom", tracers get fired from the right of the barrel, not from the center.

Default rate seems to be 5000. Very low.

I had a vehicle loop sound being stuck on a vehicle that has died. Tthere was engine sound in the place where the vehicle died.

Vess has survived a mine explosion :) I've watched him step onto enemy mine, he had like 75hp, he detonated the mine and he had 5hp. He said he was trurly blessed by gods of war.

Some parts of the AFV turret on "green" map (I think it was arid) are still missing, I made a screenshot. Tires still have bad textures. Scardy's screenshot is better than mine.

".ain" files are still missing

Console said there is something wrong with the flags on slaughtered, it spams the server console if I understood correctly.

Hint's are ugly/inconsistent with the rest of the gui. Should be white text on dark blue background, like all the text in the game.

Attached Files:

18. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

AFAIK these crashdumps are useless because we have wrong .pdb files.

19. Brutos

They are working for me :|

20. Reef

Reef Member

There is a problem with tracers, shooter sees it, but others don't. Sometimes they do. Hard to tell when they see when they don't, but most of the times they don't.

Explosive tipped bullets don't explode (no particle, no splash damage)

player collisions are still broken? In fistfight with fakelag 500 You can hit someone 20 times until he dies. Dunno how to test it properly, We were running into eachother and fistfighting and it showed for me that I hit someone but he didn't get the damage, so I guess he wasn't really there when I hit him. I think some teleporting occured too (but with big latency it might be what one can expect). If more details need to be provided, We need some instructions on how to test against this issue.

bio rocket has no DOT vs vehicles, players and buildings

No DOT to buildings from bio mg

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010