Crash on Sqaud Invite when Player is Leaving

Discussion in 'Support' started by Duke Pending, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Pending

Duke Pending Member

So here's what happened. I was playing on the HLPortal.de server today, started a squad on a new map (It had just switched to emp_isle) and went to invite someone into it. Just as I hit the key to invite him, he disconnected, and as soon as that happened my game crashed. Definitely an "if everything happens just so" deal, so probably not a big issue. But, I thought I should mention it in case there was the time available to fix it.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I haven't repeated the problem yet, because I didn't think I should ask people playing to try an experiment that would: A) Have them disconnected, or B) Crash their game. : ) However, if needed, I wouldn't mind working with someone to see if it happened again.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2007
  2. Caelo

Caelo Member

I'll beat krenzo to it: do you have a crash log?

3. Duke Pending

Duke Pending Member

EDIT: Much to my humiliation, it dawned on me that I was looking for the crash log in the "half-life 2" folder, not "half-life 2 deathmatch." So yes, I do have the crash log and have attached it here, if you're still interested in taking a look at it. I have also sent it to Krenzo via the bug report e-mail. Please forgive the brain fart... : P

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  4. Silk

Silk Mapper

I experienced it just now.

I press F, go to squad menu, asks if he wants to join my squad, he joins team unassigned and I crash.

Is the problem solved by now?

5. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

this is a wild guess, but was it possible that the player joining unassigned did not have the 1.071b hotfix?

If you can reproduce this with both players having the 1.071b hotfix, it will be a lot easier to fix I bet. If not it could have already been fixed with 1.071b.

But I believe the squad system has been worked on and might have been changed to an extent that this won't be possible anymore.

6. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

No, the crashing client's version is the only one that matters as the clients do not come in direct contact.

7. Caelo

Caelo Member

well I don't have access to the source of Empires (obviously) so I cant take a look at it! I just asked for it so Krenzo wont have to... I bet he fixes this problem in no time.

*dizzyone: still using that quote are you? It looked perfectly clear to me when I wrote it...!

8. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

lol, isnt it just great to take things out of context xD

9. Caelo

Caelo Member

Its kind of cool and irritating to see that quote over and over again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.