Couple suggestions ive been thinking about.....

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by the-moon, Jul 14, 2009.

1. the-moon

the-moon Member

These are just a few suggestions i have. Sorry if t hey have already been suggested however, i didn't really feel like searching around the forums to see if anyone else suggested them :)

Make it so that when you shoot at mines or a tank shoots at a mine, that the mine detonates. I really hate that they only way i can by pass mines is if i go gren and get mine defusial (*spelling).

Another Suggestion, The game should not start until both teams have a
    comm. Until someone Opts in for being comm, then the time limit starts for how long you have to vote on which comm you want.

Once the time limit for electing a comm hits zero, and both teams have a designated comm. Give both teams 60 Seconds so that the comm can tell which squads to go where. If one team elects a comm and the other doesn't have any opt in, then force a random player to be the comm, Maybe.

The comm should have the ability also to assign people to certain squads, to make sure everyone is in a squad when the game starts.

If someone is not in a squad, the comm should be able to put that person in a squad, once that person is placed in a squad, he or she cannot leave without permission from the comm.

The comm should be aloud to move players from one squad to another and ect.

Maybe before the game starts, and there are 2 comms, have it so theres a 60 - 120 seconds before the game starts, in which the comm can setup squads, and tell the squads what there suppose to do and where there suppose to go before the game starts.

Also, in that 60 -120 second time period after the comm election is done, The comm should have the option to "Ready". So if both squad commanders click the "Ready" Button, then the game starts right away.

I am so goddamn sick of my team or the other team not having a comm, it happens all the time and it completely ruins the game. The game should not start without Designated Comms!

Or not having enough time after we do have a comm, to decide what your team is going to do, before the game starts. It would really be nice if once we had a comm, we had time to talk with that comm before the game starts!

I would really appreciate seeing these ideas implemented, or at least some version of them implemented. Not having them in is so holding this game back :(

2. the-moon

the-moon Member

Crap another thing i forgot to mention. The comm should also have the abbility to set what classes and Abbilitys all the players have. If there is a squad of all engineers, he should be able to change some to rifleman or scout, ect.

Or have the option to ask the player to switch classes.

3. Bass

Bass Member

Grenadier is nerfed to hell as it is, I don't want him to be weaker, unless he carries a portable nuke used upon kamikaze.

Sounds good, even if a beginner Com takes over, people can give a quick tutorial on what he should be doing.

Instant ragequit. Don't mess with Hotel.

Then I expect you to be learning how to Com.

Ewww, but forcing scouts to go Engineer/Rifleman would be nice.

Probably^

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  4. Tovarich Cookie

Tovarich Cookie Member

bass gets +rep

oops, wrong forum

5. communism

communism poof

bass gets -rep
    your not hotel

And these suggestions are pretty bad, you take all options away from the player to make commanding a bit more entertaining

6. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Doesn't matter. The suggestions are mostly for entertaining the forum users. I don't think that the developers have the time to read all of them.

No. Mines will then become completly useless. Get defusal to conter mines.

Why you don't opt in as com?
    And if a fail team isn't able to select a commander, then the round will be over very soon. So just enjoy the fail.

People should be automatically put in squads. Maybe just fill up the squads after com vote.
    But people must be free to choose their squad. Else I'm sure some of them will ragequit.

At the end of commander vote or when the whole team is heading for the enemies there is a lot of time to tell then the strategies.
    No need for a "Ready" button. This could result to never starting games.

Just go to the Empires Learning Centre and learn how to com. There normally some vets arround how can tell you everything about commanding.

As I told you the suggestions are mostly for entertaining the forum users.
    We have only very few developers (I think about 4 or 5), who are coding for empires in their free time. And I think the next release will be about balancing, bug fixes and beautify some maps.
    If you want something implemented sooner then apply as developer.

This will force even more ragequits and "press f s space now!". If someone wants to be a scout, then he should be a scout.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  7. spellman23

spellman23 Member

Timelimit for when the round starts should be mandatory.

I've been in enough competitive games where getting ready for the match to start one team doesn't ready up for 15+ minutes. The game should enforce a strict timelimit and if you guys can't get your act together in that time, tough beans.

However, having an extra round once the comm is chosen may be a good idea.

8. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

No, it isn't holding the game back. I'd want devs to spend the time on something useful.