constant shell shock effect

Discussion in 'Support' started by Blitz, Jul 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blitz

Blitz Member

i was playing district with beta 1.62 as a NF rifleman and as ever the middle of the map decomes an orgy of turrets and grenades. any way after a few flash grens mixed with a few normal grenades that high pitched sound would not stop even after death. i dont have a video but the game still played the same bar the noise.

also it didnt seem that i was the only one who was suffering this sound going by the text box.

2. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Yeah, infinitely looping sounds have been an issue in both the GoldSrc engine and the Source engine, although they are somewhat harder to kill in-game in Source. In GoldSrc, you could simply type in "stopsound," and that would clear that up, but it is now registered as a cheat command, meaning that sv_cheats has to be set to "1" for it to actually work, which obviously would not go over well on a public server. I think the reason they set it as a cheat command is so that people could not use it to clear up their "hearing" in Counter-Strike: Source after they'e been hit by a nade.

So... Yeah. It would be awesome if Krenzo could figure out a way to de-cheat the command, but it's rather low priority right now, and the error is part of the engine itself, soooo... You're kinda outta luck, here. Sorry.

3. Blitz

Blitz Member

meh its no biggie since rejoining fixes it but its a pain to loose all my rank points

4. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

That's especially funny when I see the message "rank reloaded" and see 0 rank points.

5. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

I think snd_restart was mentioned somewhere. Should be a workaround till we fix.

6. Denkkar

Denkkar Member

Yes, Hellion introduced me to that wonderful snd_restart command not that long ago. Much better than having to reconnect and losing your skills :p

7. Jn.

Jn. Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought shell shock was a term for the severe psychological trauma soldiers can receive, that leads to mental illness and instability.

8. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Just write snd_restart in console and you'll be just fine...

9. Jn.

Jn. Member

If only it was that easy in real life :(

10. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Yeah, I have had hard time finding the console in real life...

11. Jn.

Jn. Member

Noooooooooooo I think you misunderstood :D Shell shock is a term for the immense mental instability a soldier fighting on the front lines can suffer, and was coined during WWI. Shell shock has nothing to do with the physical effects of explosions at all. It's the psychological effects of being in war, and since many troops in many wars have suffered from it, I was saying how it would be nice if all you had to do was type snd_restart in real life, and the soldier would be fine. I'll try and find a link.....................

http://www.firstworldwar.com/atoz/shellshock.htm

12. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Jn. I know what shell shock means. :D I used to be a "war fanatic" as in war history and technology and other stuff related to wars and waging them. :D But I still think that the voices in your head would stop hauting you for a while with snd_restart. :D

13. Chahk

Chahk Member

You're just jealous because the voices are only speaking to me. Besides, it's not a multiple personality disorder if you only have one extra voice in your head.

14. Jn.

Jn. Member

Wahhhhhhh?

15. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

You got to slip your finger far enough up your ass to trigger it, just avoid the reset button.

16. tkeracer619

tkeracer619 Member

I love this message board......... I frequent a fish related board for my salt water tanks and comments like that would get you the perma banated stick of death. This one is soo much more fun.

17. Miss Mary

Miss Mary Member

rofl press the tilde button
    should be located somwhere on your mobile phone..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.