Constant crashing

Discussion in 'Support' started by Fooshi, May 20, 2011.

1. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Lately, I've been constantly crashing either when the loading finishes, when I spawn or a few minutes in the game. This started happening quite a while ago when I switched to the on-board GPU while my PSU was out for replacement. (Thus rendering me unable to use my graphics card because of insufficient PCI cables on my old PSU)
    I first thought it was my on-board GPU causing this, but turns out it still happens after I got my new PSU and re-inserted the graphics card.
    I've tried tinkering with the settings with no luck. I did however manage to play smoothly before I exited the game (on purpose) because my FPS was hovering around 40 and a terrible input lag was occurring.

MB: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
    Gfx card: Sapphire Radeon HD 5770
    CPU: AMD Phenom X6 T1055
    PSU: Corsair HX650

Anyone?

2. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Have you tried reinstalling your graphics card drivers after you reinserted the card? Shouldnt cause any problems but wouldn't do any harm to make sure your running the latest drivers.

3. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Booted in safemode, uninstalled driver, rebooted, installed latest drivers. Yep.
    That about a week ago.

4. siro

siro Member

5. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Only other thing i could think of would be trying to verify the cache files for empires, right click on empires in steam, properties, local files and then verify integrity of game cache. Although im guessing you've already done that aswell?

6. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

have you tried turning it of and on again?

seriously: delete all wacky start-up commands. (heapsize, mat_queue_mode,...) They should do nothing, but who knows.