Concussions and Turrets

Discussion in 'Archive' started by scouto2, Jul 15, 2011.

1. scouto2

scouto2 Member

I was playing on Crossroads today, and there was a turret built on the ledge of the tower. I was on the ladder, just low enough that the turret couldn't hit me. I tossed three concussion grenades at the turret, one hit under the turret, and the other two hit just slightly away from it. All three's explosion spheres contained the turret.

_O____________________
    |I. .
    |
    |=====[]
    |
    |
    |

O is the guns (level 3) I is the overhang from a leg, [] is the ladder, and .'s are where the nades landed. Ignore the ='s, those are just there to provide spacing for a correctly-formatted post.

Is it just glitchy hit detection, or a bug where the grenade has to be on the same z-level as the turret?

2. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

if I remember correctly, a conc effect has an incredible drop off range the further from the turret it is. the only way you know it is in effect is when the turret stops spinning. I don't think there is any smoke.

I cant even remember the last time I conc'd a turret. I just hide and sneek up to them.

3. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

prolly the concs never hit the turret cuz there was a bit of wall between them. Theres no need for the nade to be on same height as the turret for it blinds turrets even when it explodes midair.